PDA

View Full Version : Getting to know your cat...

Natalie
20-01-2009, 07:38 PM
BELLE

Breed - Brown tabby DSH

Age - 6 years approx

Favourite place to sleep - At the end of my bed with me in it.

Favourite food/drink - Prawns and evaporated milk

When did they arrive with you and how - Collected Belle from the local RSPCA on December 12 2004. She was only cat who came to her door for me to give her a chin tickle.

What time are they fed - 6am and 3.30 (if she can last out that long) She has a small appetite.

Indoor or outdoor - Outdoor although is more of an outdoor summer seasonal cat. Refuses to use a litter tray. Catches the odd shrew or vole

Favourite toy - Doesn't play with any :cry:

Likes/dislikes - Loves to be stroked on her terms only. Hates the hoover or laps.

Personality - Timid girl really who likes her own space. Is getting more homely in her old age.

http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e74/girlie74/Picture009.jpg

MERLIN

Breed - Grey British blue x tabby

Age - Approx 10 months

Favourite place to sleep - Cuddled under my arm in my bed.

Favourite food/drink - Cheese, beef well anything really. Not found a food he wont eat. Loves cream

When did they arrive with you and how - Turned up out of the blue in my friends porch as a stray. I collected him to his forever home on 31st October 2008

What time are they fed - 6am and 3.30 (if he can last out that long) He has a MASSIVE appetite. He has tip bits inbetween to stop him howling.

Indoor or outdoor - Outdoor and is getting more adventurous :? Also catches shrews.

Favourite toy - Ping pong balls

Likes/dislikes - Loves the shower, scratching post covered in catnip spray. Hates to wait for his food

Personality - Gentle boy with huge personality. Thinks he is a dog most of the time.

http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e74/girlie74/Picture276.jpg

kirsty01
20-01-2009, 08:33 PM
Aw beautiful cats! Really good pictures. They both look very happy! Are they friends? My cat likes the shower too - she follows in the bathroom with me whenever I go in there! Hmm I know weird!

PoshPuss
20-01-2009, 08:59 PM
Another great thread Nat :D... here goes or Posh.

Breed: Persian , although not 'official', not registered or anything, but really to type. Colour, blue point, creamy coat and silky white underbelly.

Fav. place to sleep: Has the run of the house at night but stays mostly on the sofa. Has a liking for windowsills and Dad's lap :)

Fav. food /drink. A fussy madam (of course) but will eat wet pouch Whiskas poultry varieties, mixed with ham. Loves chicken breast, tuna, custard, and anything by hand that the servants will provide!

When did she arrive with you and how?... long story, it was a dark and stormy night .... :) On Nov 24th 2007.She walked up the path miaowed to come in and once she got her foot in the door that was it; I couldn't turn her out. We tried to find out who she belonged to to no avail, after a month we claimed her as ours and we've never looked back. She dropped out of the sky into our hearts; it was meant to be. :D

What time is she fed?... 06:30 then 12:30, then a little teatime snack at 5 oclock, once more at 10pm. Eats little and often; small appetite, skinny minne, hence the name!

Indoor/outdoor?... mostly indoor now in the winter but will go out the garden in the summer, under supervision. Will try a harness I think. Suits an indoor life, loves heat and sleeping. Litter trained in her 'first life' so must have been indoors then.

Fav. Toy?... People, oh yes, we amuse her more than anything! Plays us for the fools we are! :lol: likes to sit on newspapers and climb over keyboards sticking her backside in your face. Will some times have 'funny five minutes' with her shadow, or the dog, playing hunter but it doesn't last long and she gets a bit embarrassed by her native behaviour. Then it's back to being Her Serene Highness :D

Likes/dislikes: being with people, gently patting your trouser leg for attention, stretching and clawing at the leather sofa (argh) with 'that' look in her eye. Sleeeeeeeping ... yawn. Being stroked, tickled, groomed.

Personality: If ever there was a princess she was one in in a fomer life. She's quite the madam but she has a sweet disposition. I've never heard her hiss, she's never scratched me, she teases the old dog but really wants to cuddle her. Everyone loves her and she loves her people :-D

http://i289.photobucket.com/albums/ll210/morganpics_01/2027_0418Image0006-1-1.jpg

Phoenix
20-01-2009, 09:55 PM
Great thread! :-D

Dylan

Breed: Grey and white moggy, possibly with a bit of pedigree in him, we don't know.

Fav. place to sleep: On any bed that stays still long enough, on the settee and chairs

Fav. food /drink. Food! :-D Need I say more? Dylan will eat anything. Literally.

When did he arrive with you and how: He chose me from the rescue centre, shortly before we lost Beauty.

What time is he fed: Breakfast and dinner, a snack at lunchtime.

Indoor/outdoor: Both, sometimes indoor, sometimes outdoor depending on if it's worth going out.

Fav. Toy: String!!!

Likes/dislikes: Cuddles!!!!!, Strokes!!!!! Food!!!!! Hunting rats!!!!! Dislikes dogs and male cats on his territory.

Personality: A real cuddle bug! Will cuddle with anyone if they sit still long enough! Likes to try grooming fingers and recently discovered grooming hands as well. Can get a little unsure about new things, but otherwise fine! :-D

http://i223.photobucket.com/albums/dd95/rescuecatsrule/Dylan/6dcdfc5f.jpg

pinklizzy
20-01-2009, 10:05 PM
Imogen

Breed - Black tipped British Shorthair

Age -10 months and 13 days :-D

Favourite place to sleep - On the back of the sofa, curled up with Kindly

Favourite food/drink - Tuna and any fish-flavoured kitten food

When did they arrive with you and how - Imogen was bred by one of our vets, I was there when she was born by C-section and resuscitated her with oxygen (hence her name- Kirsty wanted her to be called 'Oxygen', Imogen was a compromise :roll:)

What time are they fed - She is free-fed during the day with dry food always available. One pouch split into 4-5 small 'meals' during the day.

Indoor or outdoor - Indoor

Favourite toy - Pop-up play cube and pink furry mouse

Likes/dislikes - Chin tickles and to rub her head against yours. Hates the hoover and will disappear behind the sofa as soon as it is taken out of the cupboard.

Personality - Cheeky little princess, a total comedian, likes to chat with you and be involved with everything you do.

http://i241.photobucket.com/albums/ff73/pinklizzy_photo/P7310359.jpg

Moli
20-01-2009, 10:15 PM
Breed - White and Ginger... DSH..............Chancer.
Age...7 we think.
Favourite place to sleep....Dogs Beds..
Favourite food & Drink....Chicken & Cat Milk...
When did they arrive with you and how......He appeared when we moved in here, made friends with my other cat Oliver who brought him in for dinner, and he just stayed.....
What time fed.....Has biscuits down all day, and has a pouch fir his supper..
Indoor/Outdoor....Bit of both..
Favourite Toy....Mouse on elastic...
Likes/dislikes.....Cuddles, somewhere warm to sleep, loves Oliver.....
Personality....Laid back, does his own thing, very lazy......very affectionate....Hates cold and rain....He is a bit of a Chancer!!!!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v650/molidoodle/P1020953.jpg

kirsty01
20-01-2009, 10:35 PM
Mowgli

http://i445.photobucket.com/albums/qq176/kirsty01M/th_Mowgli2.jpg (http://s445.photobucket.com/albums/qq176/kirsty01M/?action=view&current=Mowgli2.jpg)

Breed - DSH

Age -5 on 28th Feb!

Favourite place to sleep - On the back of the sofa me and my hubby sit on with his arm hanging down on my shoulder and occasionally chewing my hair!

Favourite food/drink - He likes tuna flavours, and loves lickins!

When did they arrive with you and how - He arrived with me on April 04 from a friend of a friend who had a unexpected litter. I chose Mowgli as he was the first one of the bunch to come up to me and touch my nose with his! It was love at first sight!

What time are they fed - 7am and then again at 7pm. Although he picks at his biscuits in the morning then scoffs most of his dinner.

Indoor or outdoor - Outdoor

Favourite toy - His yellow bananna and his new Blue feather.

Likes/dislikes - Loves nose scrathes and food! Hates my hairdryer!!!

Personality - Prince of the sofa, gorgous soppy extremely loyal personality - but also very lazy!!! Very, Very Handsome!

Tinkerbelle

http://i445.photobucket.com/albums/qq176/kirsty01M/th_022008182557.jpg (http://s445.photobucket.com/albums/qq176/kirsty01M/?action=view&current=022008182557.jpg)

Breed - Tortie cross british blue

Age -1yr 3months

Favourite place to sleep - On the back of the chair looking out over the garden or with Mowgli on his chair upstairs

Favourite food/drink - Anything!

When did they arrive with you and how - Came into work as a stray (a very beautiful one i might add) when no-one claimed her of course I couldn't resist her! I brought her home just before christmas 2007. Best present ever!

What time are they fed - 7am and then again at 7pm. Used to scoff it all down but now decided she wants to be a lady so picks through the day!

Indoor or outdoor - Outdoor

Favourite toy - Her little cube tent and now her little pink mouse that I'm trying to train her with!

Likes/dislikes - Loves Mowgli - dislikes anything that gets in the way of Mowgli!

Personality - My little princess. Has her grumpy days but mostly beautiful - although I do find myself saying to her 'good job ur cute' when she throws my mobile phone onto the floor in pieces for a fun game! Love her dearly - wouldn't change a thing!

kirsty01
20-01-2009, 10:47 PM
"Mum stop with the camera - Im shy"!!! he he cute pici. How is my little Oxygen? Did u take her downstairs is her leg better?

dandysmom
20-01-2009, 10:50 PM
Great thread!

Leia

Breed - DSH blue torbie

Age - will be 10 in March

Favorite sleeping spot - seasonal: radiator cover in Winter, her soft chair in the sun in Summer; and in bed with me at night

Arrival - a friend who'd been rehoming her temporarily for her employee who was forced out of her flat due to flooding and couldn't keep Leia. Nora knew my Misty who'd recently died, and as Leia was also a blue torbie, said that was the kitten for me. And she was right! She was about 6 months when she came to me.

Favorite Food/Drink - Ms, Picky! Fancy Feast Minced Chicken, Beef and Chicken, Grilled Beef, dislikes all "people food" except ham. Hates fish (except tuna, and will eat that only grudgingly) and cheese. Hates pate type foods. Drinks water only.

What feeding time: little and often! She likes breakfast, lunch, afternoon snack, dinner, and pre-bedtime feedings. Plus her hand-picked grass every day!

Indoor only - but an excellent mouser when we get some, and once caught and promptly killed a very large rat!!!

Favorite toy - varies, right now it's the box with a hole in it for catching her toy mouse.

Likes/dislikes - tummy rubs, a combing, chin tickles. Detests being pilled! Doesn't much care for visitors.

Personality - she's a laid back cat, not very active but occasionally gets the crazies! Not much of a lap cat, alas! A soft voice and soft purr. Scared of outdoors, so hassn't been harness trained.