PDA

View Full Version : Favourite brand of make up

EmmaG
19-01-2009, 11:56 PM
What is everybodies favourite brand of make up?

Tina
20-01-2009, 12:00 AM
I very rarely wear make-up, just on special occasions.....so I'd have to say that my favourite brand is whatever's cheapest because it usually never gets used more than twice! :lol:

Moli
20-01-2009, 12:07 AM
I only really use eye makeup and like Clinque or Revlon.....

alexgirl73
20-01-2009, 12:15 AM
I very, very rarely wear it. But most of the stuff I have is boots 17 range. However, when I was younger (and had money :lol:) I adored Estee Lauder. Helped as well that my godmother worked for them and used to get me loads of the samples :D

yola
20-01-2009, 10:20 AM
For foundation - which I'm really fussy about is has to be Estee Lauder; they seem to have a really good colour match for my skin (both when tanned and not). I've recently found a brand in Boots called Prestige which has a lovely range of eye shadows that are really easy to apply so I've bought a few of those.

I would love to try some more different ones but I find the girls behind the make up counters either lacking in the will to understand what I'm looking for, or just plain pushy :roll:

Kazz
20-01-2009, 10:37 AM
Yola snap I just recently brought some Prestige eye shadows from boots...they appear to be really nice to use (so far)

Must say I am not a "dedicated" makeup wearer though on the whole. Have a right mix up really.

meep
20-01-2009, 10:53 AM
Depends what type of make-up:

- Foundation: Dr. Haushka Translucent Make-up for day wear. Revlon for evening wear.

- Mascara: Max Factor Masterpiece day wear. MAC for evening wear (false-lash effect, love it!)

- Eyeshadow: Urban Decay!! They're brilliant.

- Bronzer for summer: Jemma Kidd.

So I guess I wear a mix of Urban Decay, MAC (for eyeshadows and lipstick / lip glosses) and Boots' labels like Max factor and revlon for eyeliner, mascara and nail polish!

Oh, and HOW could I forget my staple: Yves-Saint Lauren Touch Eclait!! Works wonders :D

Kim
20-01-2009, 04:13 PM
I have quite a mix of brands, but lately seem to opt for Boots no 7 as it is hypoallergic and good for my sensitive eyes, etc. I only wear make-up if I am going to work or going out somewhere special.

Natalie
20-01-2009, 08:00 PM
Max factor or Boots No.7

I like to try new things all the time. Depends whats on offer and whether I like it

CathyW
20-01-2009, 11:42 PM
i love wearing make up. if i dont wear any i get asked if im ok u look ill,
and im an avon fan. love it especially the special offers lol