PDA

View Full Version : Will I ever get peaches back?

laragreg
19-01-2009, 12:43 PM
:cry: I am now starting to wonder if peaches and cream will ever be found, She went missing on the 20th December I've posted leaflets put posters up reported her missing to all vets advertised on lost and found websites and still nothing.

http://i705.photobucket.com/albums/ww55/laragreg/peaches.jpg

mattde
19-01-2009, 12:49 PM
I'm keeping my finger crossed for you, don't give up :-)

Mags
19-01-2009, 01:02 PM
Sorry Peaches is still missing, fingers crossed she finds her way back home soon.:(

Was she an indoor cat who managed to get out or did she have daily access outdoors?

http://www.catsey.com/showthread.php?t=19077

laragreg
19-01-2009, 01:12 PM
Hi mags she had access to the outdoors she was never meant to be an outdoor cat but she escaped after that we could never keep her in, she was much happier when she had been out.

angieh
19-01-2009, 03:30 PM
I am so sorry to hear that peaches is missing. She is such a lovely girl I am sure that someone will have taken her in and be looking after her. It's very hard for you I know - I would be devastated.

Tina
19-01-2009, 04:03 PM
Sorry to hear Peaches is missing. Will keep my fingers crossed as well! A month may seem like a long time, but I have heard many stories of cats who've returned after longer than that.

Elaine
19-01-2009, 04:24 PM
Are there any sheds or garages that she may be trapped in? If any of your surrounding neighbours have a shed or garage, I'd go door knocking and ask them to check the insides of them for you while you wait. So many cats get locked in these places.
Please dont despair yet, put out a plea on local radio/newspapers too. Some cats do still turn up after several months.
I have everything crossed for her safe return xxx

PoshPuss
19-01-2009, 04:33 PM
Please don't despair! My friend's cat reappeared after over 6 weeks away , but I'm sure that peaches would be well looked after if she's found another home. I took in a stray and despite searching for her owners to no avail, she stayed with us and we love her. If Peaches has wandered very far from home I'm sure she is being cared for. :)

calismum
20-01-2009, 12:57 AM
Hope she finds her way home.

dandysmom
20-01-2009, 03:15 AM
Praying that she'll be home soon. It's so devastating when they just vanish like that...(((hugs)))

farthing
21-01-2009, 12:54 AM
Don't give up, our Pumpkin went missing for 6 weeks the first time he went out, he came home thin and a bit scruffy, but otherwise well. We kept him in for another couple of months and he went missing again when let out again. After that he came home very night.
Do hope she reappears soon.

laragreg
23-01-2009, 12:57 PM
Still no news on peaches,
Thank you all for your kind messages.

Leesy
23-01-2009, 02:54 PM
So sorry laragreg that Peaches has not returned home:( , she is such a beatiful cat you must miss her terribly, all I can say is don`t give up home if she is wandering about she will find her way home. My guess as well is that somebody has taken her in and is looking after her, maybe she has travelled further afield than you expected and they haven`t seen any of your notices.:( .

Wishing you luck on Peaches safe return:) .

laragreg
30-01-2009, 12:20 PM
Still no news on peaches, Im gutted.

calismum
30-01-2009, 08:07 PM
Please don't give up - I'm going to post this generally but thought it may help a bit.:)

http://www.bearsdenherald.co.uk/news/Cat-Ozzie39s-back-from-Millport.4928230.jp

laragreg
31-01-2009, 09:06 PM
I have had a phone call tonight a lady telling me she has seen peaches when I asked her where, any why to cut it short she has been seen 3 houses away from mine........

Smartie
31-01-2009, 09:13 PM
So sorry to hear she is missing. But good news she has been seen. I am sure she will find her way home.
Best of luck x

Elaine
31-01-2009, 09:14 PM
Thats encouraging news. Did the woman say when she last saw her? Did she give any indication as to how she looked, well fed, scrawny, that kind of thing?
Do you know the people who live 3 doors down? May be worth knocking on their door and asking a few questions.
Have everything crossed that it is her and that she will be home again very soon. xxx

Leesy
31-01-2009, 11:15 PM
Thats great news that she has been spotted only 3 doors away:D , hopefully she will be back soon, I have got all my fingers and toes crossed for her safe return.

PoshPuss
01-02-2009, 11:37 AM
If she is that close maybe you could try to knock doors again or put up some new posters to jog memories, seems like she's been travelling far and is coming home at last?
Now you have an opportunity to go looking with purpose, I HOPE YOU HAVE SUCCESS! :D

laragreg
01-02-2009, 12:27 PM
my hubby went out again for a look around and knocked on a few doors and nothing no one has seen her, she is a well known cat and can't really be missed as she very very vocal and a very good theif ....lol ...so she wont be hungry.
I just don't understand why I haven't seen her I am always around.
The description the lady gave us sound like her as she said peaches was meowing loudly. (if you have a bengal you will know what I mean).
I just hope I find her, I think I will post some more leaflets today.

angieh
01-02-2009, 01:17 PM
I do wish you all the best of luck - she's around, you've just got to spot her!