PDA

View Full Version : Memories of Tony Hart

yola
19-01-2009, 11:40 AM
As our UK-based members will probably have heard, Tony Hart, the pioneering children's art presenter, died yesterday morning. I first remember Tony on VisionOn (and later Take Hart) which was a programme aimed and both deaf and hearing kids - it was signed as well as spoken! As this was probably in the late 60s it was quite advanced television!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/7836112.stm

Tony was a real inspiration to me and was part of the reason I became determined to follow art and design as my chosen career. Much later in 1999, when I was marketing maanger at Bang & Olufsen, we went to an event one of our creative agencies was holding; the special guest there was . . . Tony Hart! I was like a big kid and imagine how thrilled I was when he said he's do some drawings for the guests :D :D :D

Here is what he did for me; and one of my most treasured possessions . . . a picture of my lil Balie:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v210/yolamealing/Picture008-1.jpg

Stephan
19-01-2009, 11:48 AM
A nice tribute Yola,and who could ever forget more fuss and bother? Morph

meep
19-01-2009, 12:33 PM
What a wonderful picture Yola! And a great thread.

As a small kid I watched Tony on the tv, with his plasticine man Morph. It was one of my all-time favourite shows. Think I was around 4 or 5. So when I heard the news it did strike a chord, the things we love as children are often the most dear to us.

RIP Tony.

random
19-01-2009, 01:18 PM
These days most of the TV artists cannot draw do save their lives and it's more about entertaining than teaching art, not the same as it was when Tony started it. Tony was a genuine artist and an inspiration to many children and even throughout their adult lives.

God Bless Tony. x

Natalie
19-01-2009, 02:46 PM
What a treasured picture Yola and warm memories of Tony for you.

Tony was a big figure to me as child. Although not artistic, I nevertheless loved to watch his talent and his encouragement to others.

RIP Tony Hart x

angieh
19-01-2009, 03:12 PM
Yes, RIP Tony - inspired many children to enjoy art and realise they could still do so when they grew up.

PoshPuss
19-01-2009, 04:27 PM
Vision-On was a real ground breaker in its day. I loved the programme and although I'm as artistic as a stone (!) I appreciate the wonder of the creative arts. Loved to see the pictures come to life as it were, when they were drawn upside down then turned for us all to go... ah yes! :)

I reckon if Tony Hart had been my art teacher I may have learned some thing! at least he made it interesting.

Moli
19-01-2009, 04:37 PM
Lovelypicture Yola.....Loved him, will be very sadly missed!

Elaine
19-01-2009, 04:45 PM
I liked Tony Hart as a child. Lovely tribute Yola and love the picture he drew for you.

MrsH
19-01-2009, 04:50 PM
What a wonderful memento you have Yola!

Tony Hart was required viewing in our house especially when my children were young. They thoroughly enjoyed trying out some of his ideas and learned a great deal from his programmes.