PDA

View Full Version : fat or pregnant?

kittsycatsy
17-01-2009, 09:20 PM
ok i have a 2 cats male & female the female is a few months younger than the male he's been tryin 2 mate with her how ever a few days a go he stopped & i've notice the female is lookin a bit fat? she gets fed the same amount of food as the male is how would i tell if she is just fat or if shes pregnant?

Elaine
17-01-2009, 09:39 PM
Can I please ask why neither are neutered?

smudgley
17-01-2009, 09:44 PM
Pregnancy starts to show from around 6weeks usually - not a couple of days....

calismum
17-01-2009, 09:45 PM
best bet would be to take them to the vet and find out for sure - then maybe book them in to get speyed and casrtated?

Moli
17-01-2009, 09:50 PM
How old are the cats???

Elaine
17-01-2009, 10:11 PM
ok i have a 2 cats male & female the female is a few months younger than the male he's been tryin 2 mate with her how ever a few days a go he stopped & i've notice the female is lookin a bit fat? she gets fed the same amount of food as the male is how would i tell if she is just fat or if shes pregnant?

And that's all she wrote:shock: blood pressure resumed to normal:lol:

Kim
18-01-2009, 01:36 PM
Why have 2 cats of opposite sex and not get them neutered. :? I think a trip to the vet is best and definitely get them neutered asap! Sorry, but this makes me so mad. :mad:

PoshPuss
18-01-2009, 01:56 PM
...? Fat or Pregnant?...

I thought she's seen my pic and was being personal! :lol:
but seriously, get them checked out and neutered please. No sense in bringing wee kits into the world unprepared and unwanted! :roll:

kirsty01
18-01-2009, 02:11 PM
I would advise to take her to the vets to be scanned. Pregnancy in cats becomes more evident at about 3 wks. Normally other signs of pregnancy in cats are enlargement of nipples also they may look more red in colour. Abdominal swelling, maternal like behaviour - purring more. She may also start 'nesting'. The gestation period only last 63-65 days so you need to decide if you are able to have the kittens. If you don't want this happening again I suggest getting her spayed or the male castrated. You can speak to your vet about this. Hope this helps. Please also consider her age, if she is senior it's not the best idea to let her go through the pregnancy!

Moli
18-01-2009, 02:51 PM
Pleae take them to the vets, and have them neutered...if you could see the 3 kittens I have now, who were dumped lived outside for weeks, you would not consider letting her have kittens...

Lorna
21-01-2009, 11:43 PM
Seriously, I have two cats of opposite sex and the boy is neutered and the girl will be too as soon as she's a bit older, Ocean was done the other week at 7 months as I didn't want kittens!!!!! Take her to the vets! How old are they both?!?!