PDA

View Full Version : Feline wet

Elaine
17-01-2009, 02:49 PM
http://www.royalcanin.co.uk/my_pet/cat_products/feline_wet.aspx

Has any one tried these yet? I know they are new but just wondered if any members have tried them and what their thoughts or more to the point what their kitties thoughts were?

angieh
17-01-2009, 03:01 PM
Haven't tried it Elaine, but nice to see that they are doing a food for cats over 10. I find it amazing that more supermarkets don't stock much of a range of senior food considering our ageing cat population.

Be interested on any feedback (scuse the pun!).

Moli
17-01-2009, 03:02 PM
Never heard of them Elaine, Cannot quite understand why they fel they have to make one for a pure bred cat though....My pedigree boys eat just normal food....

Elaine
17-01-2009, 03:13 PM
Haven't tried it Elaine, but nice to see that they are doing a food for cats over 10. I find it amazing that more supermarkets don't stock much of a range of senior food considering our ageing cat population.

Be interested on any feedback (scuse the pun!).

I liked the look of that one and imediately thought of dear Merlin, low phosphorus and condroitin/glucosomine, very good for the senoir cat. The site didnt give much info by way of ingredients though, unless i missed it.

Elaine
17-01-2009, 03:22 PM
Never heard of them Elaine, Cannot quite understand why they fel they have to make one for a pure bred cat though....My pedigree boys eat just normal food....

Yes but Royal Canin always do breed specific foods, so i assume that the wet food will have the same ingredients that the dry do for the breed specific needs, if you understand what i mean.
You know how the persian dry claims to aid hairball reduction, digestive tolerance and better shaped kibble to help them eat it where as the BSH one claims to aid a healthy heart and teeth. I am not saying their claims are crap coz i dont have a pedigree but some of their ingredients are no better or worse than whiskas. If the cat does well on what ever it's eating......

Mags
17-01-2009, 03:27 PM
I liked the look of that one and imediately thought of dear Merlin, low phosphorus and condroitin/glucosomine, very good for the senoir cat. The site didnt give much info by way of ingredients though, unless i missed it.
The ingredients are listed at the bottom Elaine;)

http://www.royalcanin.co.uk/my_pet/cat_products/feline_health_nutrition/indoor_mature.aspx

Moli
17-01-2009, 03:34 PM
Yes but Royal Canin always do breed specific foods, so i assume that the wet food will have the same ingredients that the dry do for the breed specific needs, if you understand what i mean.
You know how the persian dry claims to aid hairball reduction, digestive tolerance and better shaped kibble to help them eat it where as the BSH one claims to aid a healthy heart and teeth. I am not saying their claims are crap coz i dont have a pedigree but some of their ingredients are no better or worse than whiskas. If the cat does well on what ever it's eating......
I still find it hard to understand, there are many long haired moggys who will get hairballs.....
Never fed my boys anything other than normal food, and they thrive on it....:)

Elaine
17-01-2009, 03:35 PM
The ingredients are listed at the bottom Elaine;)

http://www.royalcanin.co.uk/my_pet/cat_products/feline_health_nutrition/indoor_mature.aspx

Yes i have just spotted them:lol:
I have to say that they dont seem all that great by comparison and they dont say any percentage of real meat.
Dont want to turn this into some sort of debate but I do beleive that in my strive to try to get my cats to eat a healthy diet with a good meat content, I have made them fussy eaters:? . At the moment all i can get them to eat is felix in jelly:roll: . They wont even touch applaws:shock: .

Moli
17-01-2009, 03:36 PM
I have found Felix good as it looks one of the better ones....

Elaine
17-01-2009, 03:38 PM
I still find it hard to understand, there are many long haired moggys who will get hairballs.....
Never fed my boys anything other than normal food, and they thrive on it....:)

I know, I have also got the Royal Canin Longhair (not breed specific). For now thats going down a treat but they do like the RC kibble.

Elaine
17-01-2009, 03:39 PM
I have found Felix good as it looks one of the better ones....

They wont touch it.
They liked the natures menu until they changed it:roll:

Moli
17-01-2009, 03:40 PM
They wont touch it.
They liked the natures menu until they changed it:roll:
Sounds like they have you wrapped around their paws Elaine, i was the same, till I found pouches and biscuits they all eat and stuck with it now....;)

Elaine
17-01-2009, 04:08 PM
Sounds like they have you wrapped around their paws Elaine, i was the same, till I found pouches and biscuits they all eat and stuck with it now....;)

See, I think thats been the problem, as new and apparently better foods have come onto the market, I have thought "oh that looks like a good food", read the ingredients etc, thought I was doing the right thing for the benefit of their health, regardless of the damage to my pocket and now I have created two fussy eaters.
I blame my obsession with CRF for all of this because Winston lived 21 years on go-cat and felix, was never a fussy eater even through illness, he had off days but on the whole was always a very good eater.
I always used to tell people in the pet shop that they had turned their cats into fussy eaters by pandering to them and i have done the exact same thing but in a different manner, if you know what I mean.
I have even said things to friends such as "if i wanted my cats to eat the equivalent of a MacDonalds, I'd buy them whiskas" And look what they are eating now:lol:

angieh
17-01-2009, 04:28 PM
Merlin is eating Felix in jelly atm. The Felix supermeat suits his digestion better, but he "goes off" it after 3 or 4 days. I always have a back up and he's keen on duck in jelly today!

But you have had the best intentions and your sensitivity to CRF problems are quite understandable. IMO (and given Merlin's age) he can eat whatever he likes and as much of it as he likes, so long as it doesn't make him upchuck!

Fran
17-01-2009, 06:27 PM
Elaine, I received a free sample of 'Instinctive' from RC the other week, offered it the Orientals and they turned their noses up at it, even the non-fussy ones wouldn't eat it :? I won't be rushing out to buy it. I also received free samples of the new Applaws dried food, they didn't think much to that either :? :? :?

Elaine
17-01-2009, 07:38 PM
Elaine, I received a free sample of 'Instinctive' from RC the other week, offered it the Orientals and they turned their noses up at it, even the non-fussy ones wouldn't eat it :? I won't be rushing out to buy it. I also received free samples of the new Applaws dried food, they didn't think much to that either :? :? :?

Has any one else received any free samples? And what did their cats make of it? I didnt know Applaws now did dried food too, but as i have already made my cats fussy eaters, think I'll stick with the RC coz they always eat that.

yola
17-01-2009, 07:57 PM
I didn't know Applaws did dry and only because of your link did I realise RC did wet!! Strangely enough mine won't touch any Applaws which is a shame as it looks good enough to eat by me :shock:

The only thing I've tried for years is Whiskas senior that my Mum gave me because her cat went off it (she's a majorly fussy eater); mine licked the jelly off and left the meat and James Wellbeloved kibble which - and this might be a co-incidence here; caused or contributed to some seriously runny bums in all 3 cats :roll:

I will try the RC wet dental at my next visit to the petshop and we'll see what the result is. Might try to tap them up for a free sample . . .

angieh
17-01-2009, 09:32 PM
I received free samples from Applaws after emailing them. They also included a sachet of their dry food.

If anyone wants, I will gladly forward this to them, as I won't give it to Merlin because of his teeth and urinary history.

Fran
18-01-2009, 08:31 AM
Has any one else received any free samples? And what did their cats make of it? I didnt know Applaws now did dried food too, but as i have already made my cats fussy eaters, think I'll stick with the RC coz they always eat that.

http://mpmproducts.co.uk/bhtest/applaws_dry_food.asp?in_section=applaws&page=applaws

If you do try it get a peg ready for your nose, it's rather pungent to say the least! :lol:

mattde
19-01-2009, 10:00 AM
Don't tell my cats about this stuff, I'm sure they will want it.
Its twice the price of Felix Kitten, I'm not up for it. Its already costing me a bomb for royal Canin dry food. I'm sure the dry food is much more important than wet food anyway.

:-)

Elaine
19-01-2009, 04:15 PM
http://mpmproducts.co.uk/bhtest/applaws_dry_food.asp?in_section=applaws&page=applaws

If you do try it get a peg ready for your nose, it's rather pungent to say the least! :lol:

Thanx for that, clothes pegs at the ready;)

Don't tell my cats about this stuff, I'm sure they will want it.
Its twice the price of Felix Kitten, I'm not up for it. Its already costing me a bomb for royal Canin dry food. I'm sure the dry food is much more important than wet food anyway.

:-)

Not so, wet food is equally as important as the dry. Cats fed on a completely dry diet are much more likely to suffer from renal insufficiency at an earlier age.

Leesy
28-01-2009, 11:55 AM
Has any body tried to get hold of any of the wet Royal Canine yet, I tried to get hold of some for Maisy to try at the weekend as she has the RC kitten biscuits and I couldn`t get hold of any anywhere.:-D :-D

Elaine
28-01-2009, 03:40 PM
I got some at P@H the other day, they only had the feline light, but so far the cats are eating it and dont smell too bad;)
Went to get some RC dry too but the price at P@H has shot up by £5:shock: , from £12 to £17, sorry but i am just NOT paying that for a 2kg bag.:twisted:

Forgot to add, got a sample of the applaws dry and the cats woofed it down.