PDA

View Full Version : First Dates.

Natalie
15-01-2009, 07:58 AM
Where and when did you meet your OH?

I met Andrew on March 11th 2005. We met on the internet :-P We had been chatting for quite some time and it turned out he only lived 3 miles away. We were both separated from our husband/wife.
Our first date was to a Chinese takeway then back to mine to watch a dvd, oh the romance! Andrew was very nervous and had drank some wine before I picked him up and by 10PM he was so drunk he passed out on my sofa. Milo thought it was great to slobber all over his face!! I made him ring a taxi and he left. I had my reservations about him and we didn't date properly till a few weeks down the line. He had some grovelling to do :-D He still to this day blames the size of my wine glasses.

I hope your first dates were far more exciting than mine?

CathyW
15-01-2009, 10:17 AM
how i first met him was different to say the least.
i was working for a chemist i used to deliver medication to the house bound. i had to deliver to one of his neighbours, it was a block of flats, so i opened this door toa biker. thought ohhh nice brown eyes. he mean while had watched me bend over my bike (i was wearing lyrca shorts) and his first thought was nice **** lol (fill in the blanks)
over a course of a couple of months we just chatted. me thinking *oh yes* hes nice.
our first date was meet up for a drink, (he was with his friend) and we walked to a pub.we walked past a small park. his mate was chattering in front. and charlie pulled me into this park by a bush and kissed me. well melting knees or what. and all i could hear was his mate shouting. "where are u 2??"
and from there we saw each other as much as we could.
i fell in love with him on the 3 rd day of us dating. sighhhhhhhhhhhhh
been together 13 yrs this yr and been married 9 yrs febuary. :) and yep still madly in love
good thread :)

yola
15-01-2009, 11:11 AM
I met OH in 1991 when he gave me a job as Creative Director in a company he was forming with his brother. We were both still married to respective OHs and he had 2 small children (at the time 2 and 8)! We found very quickly we were soulmates with much in common.

For his 40th birthday (in the November of that year) we sloped off to a hotel to 'celebrate'. I felt horribly guilty and it must have been obvious because my then husband very quickly found out :(

We didn't move in together until Sept 1993 (with attempted reconcilliations on both sides) - both of us ended up coming away with virtually nothing from previous homes. We got married in Sept 1998 and although I love him dearly we do have a very stormly relationship.

alexgirl73
15-01-2009, 12:09 PM
OH and I got together at his sisters wedding in 1991. I had met him once before then (in the summer) but he was with someone else then. But when his sis got married in the december he was single :D I think she was doing a bit of matchmaking 'cause she sat us opposite each other. And we spent all night being very sarcastic to each other :lol: but at the end of the night when we were doing all the clearing up he pulled me in for a kiss and that was it. We broke up twice, being silly teenagers and all, but only for a few months or so, and we got married in 1996 :D

dandysmom
15-01-2009, 05:35 PM
Excellent thread! Can't contribute, single, but enjoying the stories!

Tina
15-01-2009, 05:45 PM
I met my OH on the internet too, however wasn't so fortunate as Natalie........he was in England, I was in Canada! :lol:

We met through other friends on the internet and chatted for about a year and became good friends. In 2000, he decided he wanted to see Niagara Falls and so was going to make a trip to Canada. I helped him plan the trip, booked 2 rooms in a hotel in Niagara, made arrangements for him to stay with a friend in my own hometown for a few days, and arrangements for him to stay with a relative in my mum's town for a few days. It was all very "friendly" and I didn't expect it to ever be more than that.....for a start, he was in a long-term relationship at the time. When a friend and I picked him up at the airport......I fell instantly in love LOL he was and is very definately my soulmate!

After another several months of him spending a fortune to keep coming back to see me (he split with the girlfriend as soon as he got home, and moved in with his best friend) we decided we might as well just get married and move me over here to England and save the money of the airfare back and forth every month LOL!

Almost nine years on, we are still as much in love as ever (maybe more), he gets on brilliantly with my son (now age 17), and we have many things in common.....particularly our love of cats!

MrsH
15-01-2009, 06:29 PM
My husband was my brother's best friend at school. I met him when I was 12 and we were both visiting my brother in hospital. He was a regular visitor to our house but there was no attraction until I was about 17. I made sure that I went to the same university where he was already a student, we got engaged on my 19th birthday and married after I finished university in 1970. Still together!

EmmaG
15-01-2009, 07:15 PM
Met my OH 17 years ago, he introduced me to a friend of his who asked me out, we went out for about 4 months then split up and my OH then asked me out. We split up once for a couple of months but we have been together ever since. Planning to get married in 2010 :)

smudgley
15-01-2009, 08:45 PM
I knew of my husband because everyone knew his family, they bred Bullmastiffs and you always saw him and his brothers walking the dogs around the village.
I worked at a boarding kennels when I left school and the people I worked for knew John as he used to work there too, but he worked in the other part which was a racing kennel of greyhounds. In 1991 he was going to crufts with 5 Bullmastiffs, but could only fit 4 in his car, so asked the girl who owned the kennels if she would take a dog & she could have a free pass for her & a friend. We went and we took a dog (the dog we took actually won Best of breed and John went in the big ring with her for the group) ....... anyway, when he had a litter of pups later that year, we became good friends and we bought a pup from him. We started going out together in 1992, I was 18 and he was 30, he was a little unsure about the age difference at first but it didn't bother me & we got engaged a few months later & married in 1994. Had Ashleigh in 1996 & Lucy in 1998!