PDA

View Full Version : Slimming Club week 3

Natalie
14-01-2009, 08:11 AM
I have maintained and not lost an ounce!!! Very disappointed although I haven't done any exercise this week apart from walk the dogs as my schedule with the girls has been manic.

I didn't stick to plan for one day due to the funeral but apart from that I have been good.
MusT step up the exercise this week and now its not icy I will start back up running.
*must find my boulder holder*

meep
14-01-2009, 10:29 AM
Natalie, sorry to hear of your frustrations but it might be worth bearing in mind that muscle is heavier than fat and you may have lost fat but put on muscle! As a result you may physically be 'slimmer' or more toned but the scales don't show it. Whilst scales do give an indication I wouldn't judge any fitness regime by them, best to do measurements and take weekly photos so you can do 'before' and 'after' ;)

But keep up the good work! If you've stuck to it then you're bound to be doing a world of good!

alexgirl73
14-01-2009, 12:05 PM
Well, I've lost one whole pound lol!! mind you, as I can't exercise much I'll be quite happy to lose that each week. Trying to do a bit more walking, but it's difficult.

angieh
14-01-2009, 03:13 PM
Yes, I sympathise Alex as I have the same problem as you but for a different reason. I daren't get on the scales. My OH bought us both a pedometer - to try and gauge how much extra moving about we need to achieve maintenance, let alone weight loss. It is reckoned that 10,000 steps per day are needed just to stay still. So far (1 week) I've got nowhere near 10,000.

My pulmonary clinic assessment is now on 4th Feb. Do hope I can make it this time. I will hug the dietician!

PoshPuss
14-01-2009, 03:21 PM
Sorry folks but I crashed and burned this week. The heavy cold I caught dulled my tastebuds but I just kept eating for the sake of it... comfort food :roll:
I haven't got on the scales I know I won't like what I'll see, so I start again fresh from next Monday.