PDA

View Full Version : Oh No!!!!

Elaine
11-01-2009, 12:14 PM
I have just found a bloody whisker on my chinny chin chin!!!!
Not at all impressed with this whole ageing process.
Quick some one, any one, stop the clock!!!!

Mags
11-01-2009, 12:20 PM
Looks like you'll have to invest in a good pair of tweezers Elaine! ;):lol:

Elaine
11-01-2009, 12:24 PM
Looks like you'll have to invest in a good pair of tweezers Elaine! ;):lol:

Tweezers, check
Magnafying mirror, check
Anti ageing creams, check
Facial hair bleaching kit, check

I would have been cheaper buying a mask:lol:

Mags, your a MOD, you have special powers, cannt you just stop the clock so that i dont hit the menapause looking like an ape????:-D

Mags
11-01-2009, 12:31 PM
If you post a photo showing the offending whisker, Elaine, I can use Photo Shop to edit it out for you! :-D

Natalie
11-01-2009, 12:41 PM
Don't pluck....get the waxing strips out.

Elaine
11-01-2009, 12:46 PM
If you post a photo showing the offending whisker, Elaine, I can use Photo Shop to edit it out for you! :-D

Ok but you must also promise to edit out the white eyebrow hair, the forehead creases, the one too many laughter lines, the freckles and blemishes, the tripple chin, the cross eye and the wart on my nose.:lol:

Don't pluck....get the waxing strips out.

I only have leg waxing strips, ****** it, they'll help take the whole beard off:shock: :lol:

Natalie
11-01-2009, 12:52 PM
Cut the leg waxing strips Elaine or you could end up with no eyebrows :-D

Elaine
11-01-2009, 12:58 PM
Cut the leg waxing strips Elaine or you could end up with no eyebrows :-D

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Jokes aside though, this ageing thing is really begining to upset me, am I losing my sense of humour now too?:? ;)

PoshPuss
11-01-2009, 01:01 PM
Got oilof Olay total effects moisturier for Christmas. Reduces the 7 signs of ageing. Anyone know how I apply it to my brain??? :lol:

Elaine
11-01-2009, 01:04 PM
Got oilof Olay total effects moisturier for Christmas. Reduces the 7 signs of ageing. Anyone know how I apply it to my brain??? :lol:

You need to go to Romania and have a screw top inserted to the back of your head for that one.:lol: :lol: :lol:

Natalie
11-01-2009, 01:05 PM
I had dark whiskers a few years ago. It happened with the hormonal changes of having kids. Maybe the menopause is on her way? Sorry don't want you to slit your wrists!!!

Ageing is horrid. I'm starting to look like my mum each day and that isn't great :-
(

Elaine
11-01-2009, 01:10 PM
I had dark whiskers a few years ago. It happened with the hormonal changes of having kids. Maybe the menopause is on her way? Sorry don't want you to slit your wrists!!!

Ageing is horrid. I'm starting to look like my mum each day and that isn't great :-
(

Me too:shock:
I need a good yet cheap surgeon and FAST!!!:lol:
Facial hair, monobrows, whiter than white hairs apearing everywhere overnight, blemishes, stretch marks, wrinkles and pubic hairs that have turned into public hairs:shock:
Many things are fixable, I know but time consuming.
Painting a lovely picture of myself here:lol: :lol: :lol:

alexgirl73
11-01-2009, 01:32 PM
ROTFLMAO!!!

Sorry Elaine, but you're just too damn good with words sometimes. I check my hair daily now, awaiting the visit of the first grey hair! I also don't think my boobs are supposed to hit me knees when I remove my over shoulder boulder holder, and loose saggy skin is not an attractive lingerie look! And I look like may aunt, who unfortunately looks fab at 53, while I'm looking older than she does :mrgreen: If you find a solution to the aging process, fill me in will ya (wjile I pop off to fill in the wrinkles with pollyfilla :lol:)

Kim
11-01-2009, 02:19 PM
You lot are crazy!!!!

I have too many grey hairs to pull out now and starting to get some night sweats too, so understand what you mean!! My hands are looking really 'old' now too, just like my mums used to look.

yola
11-01-2009, 03:01 PM
Whiskers??? If it's only one or two try getting laser hair removal done on it - it's permanent. It'll work very well especially if the hair is dark.

But oh Elaine, I SO know what you mean!! As my hair's coloured I can't tell if there are greys but the flabby belly, wrinkles, errant girl-fluff, and hagard hands are all starting to depress me.

I caught a view of myself in profile the other day and nearly cried as I too am beginning to look like my Mum. She wasn't a bad looker but she's 83 now so not looking her best (and I'm rapidly catching up)!!!

However I am SERIOUSLY considering hurting my long-suffering credit card even further with a tummy tuck. I know it's vain and ultimately pointless but my jelly-gut is seriously getting me down.

Natalie
11-01-2009, 03:26 PM
Whiskers??? If it's only one or two try getting laser hair removal done on it - it's permanent. It'll work very well especially if the hair is dark.

But oh Elaine, I SO know what you mean!! As my hair's coloured I can't tell if there are greys but the flabby belly, wrinkles, errant girl-fluff, and hagard hands are all starting to depress me.

I caught a view of myself in profile the other day and nearly cried as I too am beginning to look like my Mum. She wasn't a bad looker but she's 83 now so not looking her best (and I'm rapidly catching up)!!!

However I am SERIOUSLY considering hurting my long-suffering credit card even further with a tummy tuck. I know it's vain and ultimately pointless but my jelly-gut is seriously getting me down.

Snap Yola. When andrewa inheritance comes through when the property is sold I'm allowed to have my longed for and much needed tummy tuck. I'm hoping the surgeon will be able to use my existing c section scar.

Moli
11-01-2009, 03:32 PM
Never mind Elaine, I will buy you a shaving kit for your birthday...

Elaine
11-01-2009, 03:44 PM
ROTFLMAO!!!

Sorry Elaine, but you're just too damn good with words sometimes. I check my hair daily now, awaiting the visit of the first grey hair! I also don't think my boobs are supposed to hit me knees when I remove my over shoulder boulder holder, and loose saggy skin is not an attractive lingerie look! And I look like may aunt, who unfortunately looks fab at 53, while I'm looking older than she does :mrgreen: If you find a solution to the aging process, fill me in will ya (wjile I pop off to fill in the wrinkles with pollyfilla :lol:)

Your first grey hair?:shock: Underneath all this colour, my hair is pretty much white and I'm not yet 43:shock:
Although my boobs dont hit my knees, if i dont wear the right pants my ass cheeks hit the back of my knees if I so much as atempt to run with a dog:lol:

You lot are crazy!!!!

I have too many grey hairs to pull out now and starting to get some night sweats too, so understand what you mean!! My hands are looking really 'old' now too, just like my mums used to look.

My sympathies are with you Kim on the night sweats, I have yet to experience that. But the hands, oh my god i forgot the hands:( Thank god they aren't hairy though:lol:

But I'm scared:shock:

Nver mind Elaine, I will buy you a shaving kit for your birthday...

:shock: :shock: :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol:

alexgirl73
11-01-2009, 03:53 PM

If you can get a BOGOF can you put me down for the freebie Yola:lol: I detest my tummy, or what's left of it. I keep saying that if I ever come into some unexpected money, I'm down at a surgeons door like a shot!

Elaine
11-01-2009, 03:56 PM
If you can get a BOGOF can you put me down for the freebie Yola:lol: I detest my tummy, or what's left of it. I keep saying that if I ever come into some unexpected money, I'm down at a surgeons door like a shot!

I'll do it cheap for you if you want Alex:lol:

yola
11-01-2009, 04:48 PM
I did a bit of laser hair removal 'down there' but had to stop when I found I was expecting Sebi. It doesn't really hurt that much (light stinging); and after several sessions the hair, if not actually gone is very might weaker and finer. If I were you and this is really causing you stress I would go for it. Most will do free consultations so you can ensure you find someone that you can trust.

However, I was going to ask if it was something to do with the cold weather. Do you think your body is growing additional fur to help you cope with the Aberdeen winter??? :shock:

And as for tummy tucks . . . maybe we should write to the Beeb and, well, beg?? :p You never know there may be a reality series to be had about online buddies who long for their figures back!!!!

dandysmom
11-01-2009, 05:29 PM
ROTFL at all the comments! I'm long since resigned to the wattle, age spots, sagging boobs and flabby tummy...but am thankful that due to a genetic quirk inherited from Dad I only have a few grey hairs.!! But last week I noticed I had ONE GREY WHISKER!! :shock: Promptly snipped it.....

Hang in there, there is life on the other side of menopause...... :-D

angieh
11-01-2009, 05:33 PM
I have been hooting out loud at this thread!

I'd certainly get rid of the whisker Elaine - one way or the other as it has caught your notice and you'll always notice it until it's gone.

Coincidentally, a friend sent me this in an email today -

Forgetter Be Forgotten

My forgetter's getting better,
But my rememberer is broke
To you that may seem funny
But, to me, it is no joke

For when I'm 'here' and wondering
If I really should be 'there'
I try to work it out, but find,
I haven't got a prayer!

Oft times I walk into a room,
And say 'what am I here for?'
I wrack my brain, but all in vain!
So head back for the door.

At times I put some thing away
Where it is safe you see!
The person it is safest from
Is always only me!

When shopping I may see someone,
Say 'Hi' and have a chat,
Then, when that person walks away
Think, 'who the hell was that?'

Yes, my forgetter's getting better
While my rememberer is broke,
And it's driving me plumb crazy
And that isn't any joke.

My take on it is, try not to worry about the body - coz the brain will give up on it anyway! And don't forget - it happens to everyone, even those svelte, slim beauties that are around today will one day be even as we .......... :cry: :cry: :cry:

dandysmom
11-01-2009, 05:46 PM
I have been hooting out loud at this thread!

I'd certainly get rid of the whisker Elaine - one way or the other as it has caught your notice and you'll always notice it until it's gone.

Coincidentally, a friend sent me this in an email today -

Forgetter Be Forgotten

My forgetter's getting better,
But my rememberer is broke
To you that may seem funny
But, to me, it is no joke

For when I'm 'here' and wondering
If I really should be 'there'
I try to work it out, but find,
I haven't got a prayer!

Oft times I walk into a room,
And say 'what am I here for?'
I wrack my brain, but all in vain!
So head back for the door.

At times I put some thing away
Where it is safe you see!
The person it is safest from
Is always only me!

When shopping I may see someone,
Say 'Hi' and have a chat,
Then, when that person walks away
Think, 'who the hell was that?'

Yes, my forgetter's getting better
While my rememberer is broke,
And it's driving me plumb crazy
And that isn't any joke.

My take on it is, try not to worry about the body - coz the brain will give up on it anyway! And don't forget - it happens to everyone, even those svelte, slim beauties that are around today will one day be even as we .......... :cry: :cry: :cry:

LOVE the poem, Angie! And that reminds me of the obit line (a bit misquoted) "As I am now, so you will be"!

Getting old sure beats the alternative...:-D

calismum
11-01-2009, 05:51 PM
This thread fair made me smile. I can relate to all of it. I remember vainly plucking out the odd grey hair. Can't keep up now. The night sweats, OMG I thought I'd forgotten to dry after shower. Thankfully I'm in post stage now (but how long is post for G****'s sake?).

Loved the poem - I'll think of it next time I find my car keys in the fridge and the milk on the window sill.

angieh
11-01-2009, 05:54 PM
This thread fair made me smile. I can relate to all of it. I remember vainly plucking out the odd grey hair. Can't keep up now. The night sweats, OMG I thought I'd forgotten to dry after shower. Thankfully I'm in post stage now (but how long is post for G****'s sake?).

Loved the poem - I'll think of it next time I find my car keys in the fridge and the milk on the window sill.

:lol: :lol: :lol: we can only laugh, can't we?

calismum
11-01-2009, 05:56 PM
yes - :lol: :lol: :lol:

dandysmom
11-01-2009, 05:58 PM

Can't really answer that as I had a fast and easy menopause. No night sweats and hot flashes were not too bad: however they usually came in August while I was waiting for the bus, rather than January when they would have been welcome!

That bit about going to a room and forgetting why really hit home! :roll:

calismum
11-01-2009, 06:02 PM
Can't really answer that as I had a fast and easy menopause. No night sweats and hot flashes were not too bad: however they usually came in August while I was waiting for the bus, rather than January when they would have been welcome!

That bit about going to a room and forgetting why really hit home! :roll:

I was thinking that last week when it was so cold 'where are they now when I need them' :lol: :lol: :lol:

See what you've got to look forward to Elaine

CathyW
14-01-2009, 05:21 PM
OMG this thread had had me laughing. i sympathize will u all. ive been having hot sweats n all that nasty stuff since 2003 :shock: tried the hrt but was taken off it 3 yrs ago. so ive had the lot.
er my boobs have improved, can i say they are quite pert now lol at one stage i was a 38dd.!!!! OH didnt complain.
ok yep ive got a tummy. but what are support knickers invented for. i love mine to bits. pull in a muliti-tude of sins :)
grey hair whats that. thats why we have *nice n easy* actully i use castings now like that make.
havnt fot grey eyebrows yet. and yep the ole whipery bits down below are a lighter shade of pale :-D but who sees that other than a quick flash to the ole fella and me. but having a tummy can hide the worst.
best bit is NO MORE monthlys. now that is a good thing.:)
oh and i forgot
the memory getting bad. my god im terrible. u can tell me anything and i forget straight away. i have to write everything down or thats it.
im great for telling secrets to lol

smudgley
15-01-2009, 12:09 AM

Tina
15-01-2009, 01:32 AM

Oh! My mum had a tummy tuck when she was 40 (or so!) and ended up with no belly button! :shock:

I'd like to have a tummy tuck one day if I can afford it. In the meantime, my solution is this.......affix your bra (make sure it's good and tight!) around your waist.....eeerrrr no, more like round my thighs...... below the jelly-belly, then drag it up into place, and hey presto! no belly, bigger boobs! LOL Works great for me as I'm the boobless wonder! :lol:

dandysmom
15-01-2009, 03:05 AM
Oh! My mum had a tummy tuck when she was 40 (or so!) and ended up with no belly button! :shock:

I'd like to have a tummy tuck one day if I can afford it. In the meantime, my solution is this.......affix your bra (make sure it's good and tight!) around your waist.....eeerrrr no, more like round my thighs...... below the jelly-belly, then drag it up into place, and hey presto! no belly, bigger boobs! LOL Works great for me as I'm the boobless wonder! :lol:

:smt005 :smt005 :smt005

Tina
15-01-2009, 03:33 AM
Come to think of it, I better NOT ever have a tummy tuck......my jelly belly is the only means I have of filling my bra! :-D

Elaine
15-01-2009, 05:42 PM

And what are you laughing at Mrs? Mark my words, it'll happen to you too one day;)

Come to think of it, I better NOT ever have a tummy tuck......my jelly belly is the only means I have of filling my bra! :-D