PDA

View Full Version : Money saving tip...for gardeners.

Kazz
09-01-2009, 09:29 PM
Well sort of money saving, kinda maybe not, but could be...anyhow here is my tip thought of it today.

I have brought summer flowering plants the ones you see in packs that are tubers/bulbs etc. I intend to plant them in tubs/pots in the garden and then see where I have gaps in the garden (when the plants in the tubs are in flower) and plant them there......spent £20 today on the plants.

I just thoght it would be a good money saving tip as when you buy the plants in tubs in the Spring they can be anything like £6 a lupin and I brought 3 for £2 :-D
They are all perenials (come up every year) too

alexgirl73
09-01-2009, 09:40 PM
very good idea Karen :) I'm waiting on OH fixing up the bit at the back of the garden for the chooks as soon as the weather improves. That way I can have my garden back again without it being destroyed lol. Then I can think about planting again. But he needs to do it before I start planting my veggies!!!

Mags
09-01-2009, 10:13 PM
That's a good tip Kazz! :D

Moli
09-01-2009, 10:14 PM
Great idea Kazz....

dandysmom
10-01-2009, 12:53 AM
Good tip, Kazz! I've heard this before in gardening mags, but never been disciplined enough to do it. Your garden will be even lovelier this year!

calismum
10-01-2009, 09:50 PM
good idea - I'll follow that one up as soon as I get to garden centre.