PDA

View Full Version : Baby bunny advice

kado
08-01-2009, 10:44 PM
Just being talking to OH and was talking about the baby bunnys. We have a friend that wants 2 for his step grandaughters we are also given him a spare hutch(its there first hutch which is 36"). He said his partner said it would be alright but the parents do not know. I am not very happy about it at all. We will provide anough food and Bedding/Straw and Hay to last them a week. We then mentioned that you will need a dish and a water bottle, they can buy them. Surely they should have them before they get the babies he has been advised to have 2 girls i tried to sex them but i only think there is one and that is sooty one of the ones we are keeping. I cant give him two boys or boy and a girl for obivous reasons. I am taking Biscuit to the vets on the 24th of jan to have his nails clipped they suggested i came in between 24th to the 29th of jan as it is national rabbit week hopefuly i will know more about the sex's then. Do you think i am right to withold the babys until the parents know i feel i would be irrasponable otherwise. Sorry for the post but i would like a second or third oppion.

jane

jane

calismum
08-01-2009, 10:59 PM
I do not think it is a good idea to give any pet to a home where the responsible adults do not know.

Think you are right about saying no.

random
08-01-2009, 11:09 PM
I do not think it is a good idea to give any pet to a home where the responsible adults do not know.

Think you are right about saying no.

Yes I agree, definitely. At the end of the day they will be the parents responsibility not the children and if they are unaware they might not actually want to have the responsibility of looking after rabbits, they take a lot of cleaning and looking after.

kado
08-01-2009, 11:26 PM
I know i just wanted to see it written down by somebody else. My son (19) looks after them with me. He cleans them out feeds them etc. He was the one that found that angel had babies and he took care of the rodger the one we lost. It takes me alone a good 40mins to clean all of the hutches out and longer if i wash them and we clean them out every other day.

jane

Donna
09-01-2009, 05:28 PM
I would say no. They do not seem to know what they would need so how can they look after bunnies? Also a 36" hutch will be way too small very quickly as the bunnies grow... will they pay £100's for a decent hutch/run?

You can rehome through rabbit rehome website.. you can do home checks ....

If you offer through there you are more likely to get a rabbit owner who knows what they are doing so the bunnies will have a good life.

kado
11-01-2009, 02:01 PM
The hutch was Angel first hutch and when i put biscuit in i new it was too small thats when i got the bigger one. Going buy how big biscuit is i no it wont fit two in. the guinea pigs are in it at the moment as biscuit has the 2 tier hutch. I know i am keeping 2 of them but with the other 3 it depends on male/female i will probaly keep them its up too the OH i wouldnt trust anybody else realy with the babies. They are all eating and drink out of the bottle now they have being doing that for about a week now. I never got a run last year due to the paddling pool up so i hope to get one of them shortly but not quiet sure when you can put the out in it they would be supervised at all times.

jane