PDA

View Full Version : Alternative to Buster Collars...

Moli
06-01-2009, 03:39 PM
They have them at my vets, I think they are a brilliant idea, I have never used Collars, always t-shirts.....
http://www.medicalpetshirts.com/pages/44uk_index.html

dinahsmum
06-01-2009, 04:46 PM
Much kinder than a buster collar.
How tough is the material? Would it stop a really determined chewer?

calismum
06-01-2009, 04:47 PM
What a great idea. Wondered about how I'd cope with Kinsi when she gets dressed as Alfie and the dog and her all lick and groom each other - that would be the ideal I think.

pookyandjo
14-03-2009, 10:34 AM
Tinky had one of these after his second surgery.. it was brilliant with one small exception... they didn't have the correct size for him (he should have had an extra small and because they didn't have any left they put him in a small).. it was a little big so if he went to his tray before i could get to him to make sure the suit was pulled forward.. it would get wet when he went...
apart from that it was just great... Tinky was such a stressy cat at times... i saw the stress of wearing an E collar bring on an attack of cystitis within an hour of the the collar going on... he tolerated the pet shirt well.. he still groomed it... but it didn't bother him... and it gave his tummy (which had an extensive suture line) great support

dandysmom
14-03-2009, 04:44 PM
I think that's a great idea ...if the vet will put it on for you! I cannot imagine trying to put one on a furious, thrashing, struggling completely p****d off indignant Leia!