PDA

View Full Version : Who has been your favourite Doctor.

Kazz
05-01-2009, 07:52 PM
Okay based on the Dr Who thread who has been your favourite Doctor????????????

Moli
05-01-2009, 08:03 PM
Okay based on the Dr Who thread who has been your favourite Doctor????????????

I absolutely love Paul Macann, but David Tennent was my favourite....

alexgirl73
05-01-2009, 08:28 PM
David tennant, closely followed by Sylvester McCoy.

Kazz
05-01-2009, 08:39 PM
Tom Baker was the Doctor of my childhood.

But my favourite has been Christopher Eccleston however I think David Tennant has been just is good just played in a different way....plus he seems to have settled into the role. But I liked the darker side Eccleston played the Dr

yola
06-01-2009, 12:21 AM
I was on the cross-over between Jon Pertwee; who always spooked me a bit but also as a small child, intrigued me, and Tom Baker who I found plain weird.

I totally loved the one-off Paul McGann episode . . . he's a fave actor anyway (Monocled Mutineer, Withnail & I) but overall Christopher Eccleston has to be my favourite Dr Who. That's not to say I don't appreciate David Tennant who is rather cute and a great actor. It's just the CE seemed to have that edginess that I feel a Time Lord should have.

Kazz
06-01-2009, 11:35 AM
Yes I saw Jon Pertwee but he "was too spooky" for me too although now I think I would appreciate him. Tom Baker was weird.

Have never seen the Paul McGann vision of the Doctor s cannot comment.

But agree Christopher Eccleston had more of an edge, to him. I think the new Doctor will be good they all are and not one Doctor is the finished article for everyone...

Who I think would have been good would have been Kenneth Branagh.

dinahsmum
06-01-2009, 11:55 AM
I've never been a great Dr Who fan - I was one of the originals scared by William Hartnell, then amused by Jon Pertwee. Tom Baker was different but I haven't really followed the new ones. I saw the 'Saxon' episodes with David Tennant and thought they were fine.
My daughter and a group from school had an 'event' as a contest prize which included meeting Sylveste McCoy, who is probably the most easily forgotten Doctor.

calismum
06-01-2009, 05:45 PM
Jon Pertwee - scared me half to death. Also quite liked Peter Davidson.

Kim
06-01-2009, 06:00 PM
I loved Jon Pertwee and Patrick Troughton (showing my age here lol!) I also liked Chris Eccleston and despite what I said on the other thread I have also liked David Tennant.

On a different note, I read that Connie Fisher (sound of music) would like to be the new Dr's assistant, I think she would be very good. I really liked her in a TV play over christmas, although can't remember the name of it! Sure someone else will.

Mags
06-01-2009, 09:42 PM
I loved Jon Pertwee and Patrick Troughton (showing my age here lol!) I also liked Chris Eccleston and despite what I said on the other thread I have also liked David Tennant.

On a different note, I read that Connie Fisher (sound of music) would like to be the new Dr's assistant, I think she would be very good. I really liked her in a TV play over christmas, although can't remember the name of it! Sure someone else will.
Was it called "Caught in a Trap"?

Kim
07-01-2009, 12:21 AM
[/b]
Was it called "Caught in a Trap"?

Ah, yes Mags, I think that it was. Did you watch it?

Mags
07-01-2009, 12:24 AM
No I didn't watch it Kim but I did see a few previews and it looked quite good...

angieh
07-01-2009, 12:22 PM
Tom Baker was my favourite Doctor. I loved it that he was "weird"! The "new" doctors have IMO been completely different to match their different audience. I also used to be scared by William Hartnell and was one of the "hide behind the sofa" kids!

janey83
09-01-2009, 12:07 PM
I loved 'Doctor Who' when Christopher Eccleston was the doctor. Not watched alot of it since David Tennant was it.