PDA

View Full Version : Hills

Archer
05-01-2009, 03:18 PM
Looking at dry foods for my cats and I know RC is well rated by many but the ingredients seem to be poorer than Hills science and the price is approx the same...which is better and why pls

HILLS
chicken (>44%; chicken and turkey altogether: 59%): chicken and turkey meat meal, ground maize, ground rice, animal fats, maize gluten, chicken meat protein hydrolizate, potassium chloride, choline chloride, vitamin E, salt, calcium carbonate, taurine, minerals/vitamins blend

RC
Dehydrated poultry meat, rice, maize, animal fat, maize gluten, animal protein (hydrolysed), beet pulp, yeast, soy oil, coco oil, fish oil, fructo-oligo-saccharides, sodium tri-phosphate, egg powder, mannan-oligo-saccharides, hydrolysed crustacean extract (source of glucosamine), hydrolysed cartilage extract (source of chondroitin).

calismum
05-01-2009, 04:26 PM
no great expert but it would seem to me from that list that Hills is better on the ingredients. Don't know what a lot of the stuff in RC is?

MadCatLady
01-07-2009, 03:56 AM
I am a Hills advocate through & through.... :smt038

However occasionally along come the really stubborn beasts who will only eat what they want.... we have one long term rescue in at the moment (a giant white lump of a part persian called snowball??!) She point blank refuses to eat anything other than Go-Cat... :roll:

She went so far as to refuse to eat this for 3 whole days and we eventually had to give in... although she could probably go several millenia without eating and survive from the size of her!! ;)