PDA

View Full Version : Food fussiness

dandysmom
04-01-2009, 05:35 PM
Is there anything you absolutely hate and will NOT eat?

CathyW
04-01-2009, 05:39 PM
beetroot. never had it and cant bring myself to eat it. and i really have a phobia about (whispers it pomegranates ) i cant even bring myself to pick one up. and if charlie ever brought one in the house id probally run a mile !!!!

Moli
04-01-2009, 05:40 PM
Not one thing , but a few...
Asparagas.
Macaroni.
Porridge.
Onions.
Chilli of any kind.....
Shell fish.
Lamb...

pinklizzy
04-01-2009, 05:42 PM
I cannot stand fish or any kind of seafood! :shock: I hate the smell and texture of it, although I do feed it to the cats at work (whilst wearing shoulder-length gloves and a mask :D )

dandysmom
04-01-2009, 05:49 PM
I still shudder thinking of the dinner we had once at work: all the regional managers were here, and the menu had been pre-selected by our VP: broccoli and steak so rare it was bleeding! All I had to eat was the roll and the baked potato!

calismum
04-01-2009, 06:31 PM
I still shudder thinking of the dinner we had once at work: all the regional managers were here, and the menu had been pre-selected by our VP: broccoli and steak so rare it was bleeding! All I had to eat was the roll and the baked potato!

Yeuch!

My list is:
All Offal and tripe
Oysters, mussels, whelks.
Veal - never tried it - just refuse to add to the cruelty.

Moli
04-01-2009, 06:34 PM
I could not eat offal either....I basically hate anything I was made to eat as a child!

Natalie
04-01-2009, 06:41 PM
Offal, sprouts, stilton cheese, mashed potato, cherries, dumplings, mushy peas,

calismum
04-01-2009, 06:43 PM
Oh - forgot about stilton - love cheese, hate the thought of eating the mouldy stuff

Moli
04-01-2009, 06:44 PM
Love Stilton....!

alexgirl73
04-01-2009, 07:11 PM
Prawns!!! yeck.

and I'm not a fan of stews and things, or steaks.

And semolina pudding. I was away at camp as a child and they made me eat it, the leader refused to let me leave the table until I had eaten every bit, which i did, then promptly threw back up over her feet :mrgreen:

Elaine
04-01-2009, 07:34 PM
Brocoli and aspargus, cannt stand them other than that i eat anything:lol: thats why I'm a fatty:-D

EmmaG
04-01-2009, 07:47 PM
Can't say there is any food that I would not eat, not a very fussy eater.

Kazz
04-01-2009, 08:10 PM
Hmmm interesting thread....not sure really. Nothing I dislike as such....although not keen on frsh salmon an aquired taste I think...and not to mine....although I would eat it to be polite if offered.

yola
04-01-2009, 08:12 PM
Apart from my allergies of sesame and nuts the things I can't/won't eat are snails or mussels/whelks etc. I used to eat both of these but of late the thought of them just makes me shudder. I'm not keen on brussel sprouts and won't buy them out of choice but I will eat them if I have to.

Won't touch black pudding but will happily eat liver/kidney but nothing more offally than that.

Beetroot, BM? I couldn't live without it; I'm going to try it in my new industrial juicer tomorrow!!

Mags
04-01-2009, 08:17 PM
Prawns ....well, any shellfish really...
Yoghurt..
Kidney
Tongue
Marmite
Milk (yuk!)
Black pudding (never tasted it but it's just the thought of it!:roll:)
Pickled eggs

Kazz
04-01-2009, 08:31 PM
Ohh I adore marmite. Mags you have no idea what you are missing.

Mags
04-01-2009, 08:33 PM
Ohh I adore marmite. Mags you have no idea what you are missing.
Oh...I do Kazz!! :-D

Moli
04-01-2009, 08:39 PM
Pickled Eggs are delicious...!!

Mags
04-01-2009, 08:42 PM
Pickled Eggs are delicious...!!
My son-in-law makes his own pickled eggs every Christmas and always tries to get me to have one but the smell of them just put me off :cat36

yola
04-01-2009, 08:45 PM
Never tried pickled eggs, but they don't appeal to be honest . . . yoghurt, I love it, spoon plain yoghurt out of the carton into my mouth (piggy that I am)!!

Milk, yes I forgot that one. I can't bring myself to drink milk (love cheese, yoghurt etc though). The only time I drank it was when pregnant with Sebi . . . and loads too. Maybe I over did it and that's why he's intollerant of dairy :?

dandysmom
04-01-2009, 09:00 PM
Besides rare meat and broccoli (ugh!), offal, yoghurt, limburger cheese, sour cream and fried chicken! Eating skin.... :shock: :shock: :shock:

yola
04-01-2009, 10:15 PM
Oh and add fat to that list. I hate fat on meat; have to trim it all off!!!

dandysmom
04-01-2009, 10:26 PM
Oh and add fat to that list. I hate fat on meat; have to trim it all off!!!

Forgot that one, OMG yes!

And fruitcake! Those weird red and green thingies in it.......

Moli
04-01-2009, 10:28 PM
Me too...hate fat!!!

Mags
04-01-2009, 11:00 PM
I have to take every bit of fat off any meat hubby has or he'll leave the lot!:roll:

dinahsmum
05-01-2009, 09:31 AM
Roll mops
Marmite
Raw oysters

Juli
08-01-2009, 12:03 PM
EGGS-was forced to eat a burnt fried egg by a childminder when i was young!
Fish- (except oddly enough, Tuna!)
Shellfish
Broad or butter beans, baked beans!
With me it's texture of things rather than taste that puts me off, is anyone else like that? Can't eat thick chips, too starchy and dry....yuk!

dandysmom
08-01-2009, 05:01 PM
I agree on thick chips! Ugh. Kettle chips for me!

angieh
08-01-2009, 05:15 PM
When I first caught sight of this thread, I thought it would be about what our cats don't like to eat! Very entertaining, I've found it!

I hated beetroot as a child, because I was given pickled b'root. I love natural though, either cooked or raw.
TAPIOCA! How can anyone eat frogspawn? Not very keen on semolina, but at a pinch.
Whelks, snails - eugh!
Picked walnuts - just the way they look like little brains!
Like liver, but any other offal is off, definitely - remember a friend who used to boil tripe for her dogs ..... the smell ...... pheeew.
Wish I liked roast lamb, can't stand the smell of it cooking. Like it in a rustic Italian stew with loads of veg.
(OH has converted me to liking brussel sprouts - not a bit like I remember them as a child).
Oh, and parsnips are horrid IMO!

dandysmom
08-01-2009, 05:22 PM
I love pickled beets, make them frequently, also brussels sprouts (tonight at dinner); do hate liver and tapioca. Lamb only in shish kebab. Never had pickled walnuts nor whelks. Adore mussels however.

dinahsmum
08-01-2009, 05:28 PM
The old story of 'One man's meat is another man's poison' is so true, isn't it?
I love tapioca, though I haven't had it for years and years - decades more like - and as for not liking roast lamb ......... words fail me! :)
I haven't tried a whelk, and must say i don't particularly fancy them But I do like watching the French with their bowls of bulots (circumflex on the u but I can't be bothered to find it) and thick garlic mayonnaise. They dip the de-shelled cadaver into the mayo and scoop up a dollop, put the whole into their mouth and chew
and chew :roll:

and chew:roll:
etc.

Rather them than me

dandysmom
08-01-2009, 05:43 PM
Aha, very informative...if I ever see whelks on the menu I'll know now not to try them..

May I tell a story about roast lamb? Years ago, my Mom fixed leg of lamb for Sunday dinner for the first time even though she knew Dad didn't like it.He looked at it, said "Gertrude, what is that?" When she responded roast lamb, he didn't say a word, got up, went to the closet, got his hat and coat and went down to Georgetown for dinner. Needless to say we never had it again.....

angieh
08-01-2009, 08:44 PM
Oh dear! Trouble with me is that I would like to like it, it's the smell that puts me off. Like the mint sauce though!