PDA

View Full Version : Cat Tricks?

calismum
04-01-2009, 04:43 PM
I got a book at Xmas that gives you some hints and tips about cat training and includes some tricks.

Does anyones cat do tricks?

I tried the sit up and beg - Alfie just looked at me as if to say 'what - me! beg to you, a mere human? - get real':lol: :lol:

Kinsi is still too impatient and just leapt on my hand. - ouch. :cry:

dandysmom
04-01-2009, 05:26 PM
Lol! Scamper, my sweet natured childhood cat would sit up very nicely for a bit of cheese. When I tried it with Su-ling the Siamese he almost took my hand off! Have not tried it again with any of the others.......

Moli
04-01-2009, 05:32 PM
Both my Siamese will retirieve balls of paper if I flick it for them....

CathyW
04-01-2009, 05:35 PM
mmy 2 dont do tricks. they just do inconvenience,if u are just about to get up ronnie appears on your lap. if your about to go and sit down theres one of my boys in your seat, with the *dont even think of moving me look*
and hey im gonna trip mummy up and act all hurt when i get trodden on LOL

Elaine
04-01-2009, 07:49 PM
Eva used to give a high five, but always forgot to retract her claws:lol:
She wont do them now.
She does come to me when i say Eva come and i can get her to jump on and off things by saying Eva up and Eva down.

smudgley
04-01-2009, 07:54 PM
Bluebell can do a rolly polly on command :roll: and Bluebell & Lilly can say "meow" very loud when asked if they want their tea. I mean like really loudly.

Emily is too lazy to do a trick.

Smudge said.....................

"I dare you to even think about ASKING me to do ANYTHING!".... she kind of does her own thing.

cats' staff
04-01-2009, 08:56 PM
Smudge tricks me by meowing loudly at the door and then doubling back and nicking my seat when I get up to open the door for her..... I'm not sure if that's the sort of trick you mean?

Elaine
04-01-2009, 08:57 PM
Smudge tricks me by meowing loudly at the door and then doubling back and nicking my seat when I get up to open the door for her..... I'm not sure if that's the sort of trick you mean?

:lol: :lol: :lol: very clever, I like that one:lol: :lol: :lol:

random
04-01-2009, 09:18 PM
I taught Anakin to sit like a dog on command but never went any further than that! :lol:

janey83
04-01-2009, 10:09 PM
My cat Tigger use to give me his paw for a treat.

mattde
06-01-2009, 02:02 PM
Myrtle loves to play fetch , she will run after the paper ball and bring it back and drop it in my hand.
Marmalade just hangs around for the treats as she's not going to lower her standards to fetching a paper ball.

Marmalade plays the game of waking me up at 4 in the morning for cuddles :-(

Matt

calismum
06-01-2009, 04:26 PM
Myrtle loves to play fetch , she will run after the paper ball and bring it back and drop it in my hand.
Marmalade just hangs around for the treats as she's not going to lower her standards to fetching a paper ball.

Marmalade plays the game of waking me up at 4 in the morning for cuddles :-(

Matt

Kinsi seemsto have learned that trick too!

dinahsmum
06-01-2009, 04:43 PM
Chester amuses himself by carrying a catnip mouse up the stairs and then dropping it on the, err, sloping bit between the rising stairs and the wall, which forms a lovely angled slide. The mouse slides down and Chester hurtles down, round the angle and the stairs to try to intercept it before it hits the tiles in the hall.
All very clever seeing as he invented it himself and he is a cat of very little brain, or maybe his mother dropped him on his head :?

calismum
06-01-2009, 04:49 PM
Chester amuses himself by carrying a catnip mouse up the stairs and then dropping it on the, err, sloping bit between the rising stairs and the wall, which forms a lovely angled slide. The mouse slides down and Chester hurtles down, round the angle and the stairs to try to intercept it before it hits the tiles in the hall.
All very clever seeing as he invented it himself and he is a cat of very little brain, or maybe his mother dropped him on his head :?

what a clever boy:lol:

mattde
06-01-2009, 04:51 PM
yeah I'm impressed.

dinahsmum
06-01-2009, 04:55 PM
I'm amazed - he really is a cat of very little brain!

mattde
06-01-2009, 04:55 PM
I got a book at Xmas that gives you some hints and tips about cat training and includes some tricks.

Does anyones cat do tricks?

I tried the sit up and beg - Alfie just looked at me as if to say 'what - me! beg to you, a mere human? - get real':lol: :lol:

Kinsi is still too impatient and just leapt on my hand. - ouch. :cry:

whats the book called??

;)

calismum
06-01-2009, 05:03 PM
whats the book called??

;)

Mum got it from Amazon for me -

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Cat-Training-Minutes-Miriam-Fields-Babineau/dp/0793805309

some of the ideas include use of clicker and/or training wand but the rest is just simple bribery!

mattde
06-01-2009, 05:08 PM
That looks good , think i'll put that on my wish list for my next Amazon order.

I got this book for Christmas

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Cat-Whisperer-Claire-Bessant/dp/1904034748/ref=pd_bxgy_b_img_a

I've read most of it already, very good book, some great tips in it.

calismum
06-01-2009, 05:11 PM
That looks good too. May have to add that to my book list!

dandysmom
06-01-2009, 05:14 PM
That looks good , think i'll put that on my wish list for my next Amazon order.

I got this book for Christmas

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Cat-Whisperer-Claire-Bessant/dp/1904034748/ref=pd_bxgy_b_img_a

I've read most of it already, very good book, some great tips in it.

Matt, have you read Gallico's The Silent Miaow? If not, recommend it highly!

mattde
06-01-2009, 09:01 PM
Matt, have you read Gallico's The Silent Miaow? If not, recommend it highly!

I haven't read that no, I'll look into it, gets very good reviews on Amazon. Thats two book I want now :-)

dandysmom
06-01-2009, 09:11 PM
I haven't read that no, I'll look into it, gets very good reviews on Amazon. Thats two book I want now :-)

It's a classic; think almost everyone here has read it. Famous quote from it: "When in doubt, wash" ........

Edited: if you're in a cat book buying mind-set, there's Sheila Burnsford's The Incredible Journey.