PDA

View Full Version : the bunnys new palace

kado
04-01-2009, 01:05 AM
This is the hutch OH has agreed to get its massive. This is shown with the run.

http://i135.photobucket.com/albums/q156/kado_album/rabbithutch.jpg

The HOTEL part is made from solid 30 x 30 mm framing,

The cladding is 10ml shiplap,

It has a thick triple roof first we use a 6mm ply ,then we put felt on top of this, we then top it off with a good looking feather edge cladding to make this roof fully waterproof ,

Inside the house part is an exterior ply wood floor and divider.

The top part of the Hotel consists of, on the left a bedroom 23” (exc the apex part of the roof ) high x 18.5” wide x 23.5” deep, next to this on the right is the living room this is 23” high (exc the apex part of the roof ) x 15.5” wide x 23.5”deep, split by a divider, that’s 34” wide in total, There is a door that leads into the run from the living room with a nice wide sloping ramp down to the floor.

Below the Hotel makes part of the run this is 25” high x 23.5” deep and 34” long.

The RUN that fits on the side of the Hotel is again made from quality 30 x 30 mm framing covered in 19g 1” x ½” galvanised wire mesh its 6ft long x 49” high x 23.5” deep it has 2 side doors one in each side,

All the wood with the exception of the ply is dipped in a water base animal friendly wood preserver .

When this product is together the size is 9ft long x 5 ft high and 23.5” deep approximate,

You get one run as standard you can now buy a 6ft Extension Run to make the run 12ft long or longer see below,

Its expensive but when i got the guinea pig hutch i saw this and fell in love with it. It will be for angel and her 2 babys and when we have had them both done and with gentle introduction biscuit as well.

alexgirl73
04-01-2009, 12:38 PM
WOW! That is fab.

calismum
04-01-2009, 04:50 PM
It is massive - but just right for a bunny family. Like the ide you can extend it if you want to.

kado
05-01-2009, 03:24 PM
Going too get it after the babies are weaned. They have started to eat now and a couple of them have been seen drinking out of the bottle. I have a question how do i stop them from burrying out of it. Should i have wire on the bottom or will that hurt there feet.

jane

Annestaff
05-01-2009, 06:33 PM
Very impressive, your going to have some very happy bunnies :D

Donna
05-01-2009, 07:29 PM
Going too get it after the babies are weaned. They have started to eat now and a couple of them have been seen drinking out of the bottle. I have a question how do i stop them from burrying out of it. Should i have wire on the bottom or will that hurt there feet.

jane

If it is on grass you will need wire on the bottom or you can put it on concrete... either way its crucial as it will stop foxes digging in too.

Will the bunnies have access to the run day and night?

Mags
05-01-2009, 07:36 PM
What a great home for the bunnies :D

Moli
05-01-2009, 08:06 PM
Now that really nice.....Lovely and big!

kado
05-01-2009, 09:52 PM
During the day. We have too many cats not including ours around here. It is a fully enclosed garden with no way they can get out of it i am worried that they dig as well. I am going to get them to line the run with wire now i darnt let anything happen to them. I have two doulbe 4 and a half ft hutches and one single one at the moment which might be going with 2 of the babies but i do need it realy they are on the patio. Cleaned the hutch which had the babies in and have put them in the small hutch. Biscuit is in the bottom of the other with the Guinea pigs on the top hutch. I am putting Biscuit back in his own double hutch Angel and the babies are going in a realy solid one and the guinea pigs are going in the single one. I am only keeping 2 Sooty and dumpling(who is going to be huge) the kids have named the others Star, Sam and Keith after a friend of ours.