PDA

View Full Version : need help woth the new kitten

dumbblondie
02-01-2009, 02:33 AM
so i've had coral since october & she poos every where in my room when i'm in there she uses the litter tray but when i go out of my room & come back she does more both my cats are indoor cats so they spend more time in my room than anywhere else topaz always uses the litter tray is there anyway to get her to use the litter tray instead of the floor when i'm out?

dandysmom
02-01-2009, 02:59 AM
Do you have more than one tray, DB? Some cats share a tray with no problems, some seem to want their own. Does Coral wee in the tray?

dumbblondie
02-01-2009, 03:02 AM
i do only have 1 in my room but she will use it after topaz if i'm in the room

dandysmom
02-01-2009, 03:10 AM
Hmmm, a bit puzzled about that. Hope someone will come along with some suggestions; that was the only thing I could think of.

dumbblondie
02-01-2009, 03:12 AM
i've not seen any wet patches around

dinahsmum
02-01-2009, 10:33 AM
Think about:
- getting a second litter tray
- changing the litter material
- repositioning the litter tray
- reading Cat Confidential by Vicky Halls. She's very good on cat psychology

Remember that she is not doing this because she hates you, or wants to ruin your carpet.

Good luck

Elaine
02-01-2009, 11:32 AM
My Eva will wee in the tray but not poop in it, this has been ongoing for 4 years and I still havent managed to resolve it but dont be disheartened by that coz i do now beleive, after years of trying absolutely everything, that for her the answer lies in either becoming an only cat or for us to move so that she has more territory.
The general rule of thumb is to have one litter tray per cat plus one extra. Many cats dont like to use the same tray for both functions or if there is another cat in the house using the same tray.
Other factors could be, as DM has said, the litter which you are using, so experimenting with different kinds may help.
Please do not scold her though as this will only instill fear and make the problem worse or create a bigger problem.
There will be a reason behind it, it's just finding the reason in order to put it right.

kado
02-01-2009, 05:06 PM
Chester is our only problem cat with the litter. He likes them realy clean if it isnt he will pee or poop in the living room.