PDA

View Full Version : Slimming club week 1

Natalie
31-12-2008, 09:14 PM
Please post here for the following week for those who are attempting to get slimmer in 2009.

I attempted to join SW today but the venue was shut so instead I weighed myself on the Wii fit and have started the plan.

My starting weight is 11st 10lbs :-( and I aim to reach my target of 10 stone by June 1st 2009.

Good luck everyone x

EmmaG
01-01-2009, 12:38 PM
Would it be a good idea for you to all take key measurements i.e. hips, thighs, bust etc. sometimes the scales don't move but you can be losing inches.

Good luck!!

CathyW
01-01-2009, 10:55 PM
i was using a site called food focus. they helped u breakdown all u eat into calories ect. i lost almost a stone using that site. and i put on 2 lb over xmas. but im back to walking loads. and ill be monitoring my food intake again. lots of salads.
i want to lose the tum. and the butt, but i would like to keep the boobs.;)

smudgley
01-01-2009, 11:11 PM
Smudgley reporting in.
Weighing in at a starting weight of 12st 2lb. :oops: Yes lets make it big & underlined!
I want to loose a lot, but am setting no goals at this stage, surfice to say I'm only 5ft 3 & used to weigh 8 stone! (pre children) :roll:
I've had a practice run on the wii fit today & done 20 mins training, with jogging / step.

Natalie
02-01-2009, 11:28 AM
Smudgley reporting in.
Weighing in at a starting weight of 12st 2lb. :oops: Yes lets make it big & underlined!
I want to loose a lot, but am setting no goals at this stage, surfice to say I'm only 5ft 3 & used to weigh 8 stone! (pre children) :roll:
I've had a practice run on the wii fit today & done 20 mins training, with jogging / step.

Snap. I too am 5ft 3 and used to weight something silly well before I had Millie. I will be happy to get down to 10 stone and a size 10/12 again.

I too did some work on the Wii fit. Those abs excercises are great. My tummy is sore this morning lol.

calismum
03-01-2009, 12:43 AM
OMG - didn't think I'd need to publicise the level of blubber I'm carrying:oops:

OK - starting at 13st 3lb. Height 5ft 4in. Target 10st 6lb. Aim for an average loss of 2lb per week. So hopefully I should lose a stone by end of March, June and September.

Will be starting on 5th.

Are we going to have a 'weekly weigh in'?

alexgirl73
03-01-2009, 01:00 AM
Okay, I'll join in, but mind I'm doing this by myself, no slimming clubs etc lol. So don't expect miracles (especially since I can't really exercise).

Starting weight - no idea, will weigh myself tomorrow :mrgreen:, but I do know I need to lose about 2 stone.
Height - 5'5 (and a bit, very important that bit :lol:)

smudgley
03-01-2009, 01:15 AM
Yes we must have a weekly announcement of weight day.
My daughter (my fitness intructor) says my weigh day is Sundays. Shall we announce our weights each Sunday?

My 1st day has gone well. have done 6o mins fitness including a brisk walk and the rest was on the wii fit doing jogging & step aerobics and a few yoga excercises. My legs are aching already & it's just day 1.

I ate cereals for breakfast (nearly killed me, don't like eating breakfast)
crackers with cheese for lunch, no butter
roast chicken for tea with boiled pots and dry roast parsnips.
an apple and a satsuma

Today has been a good start. the trouble starts when I go back to work on Monday :roll:

calismum
03-01-2009, 01:21 AM
Sunday weigh in sounds good.

I've started instant porridge for breakfast - don't usually have anything. Made with skimmed milk. That seems to stop me geting the munchies around 11ish. (snacking and chocolate are my biggest problems)

Natalie
03-01-2009, 08:40 AM
My weigh day is Wednesday. I started this thread on a Wednesday which should allow for the following 7 days for people to put theirs weights and progress in depending on what day they started/weigh.

Does that sound ok?

I will start week 2 on Wednesday which will allow for weights for the following 7 days from that date if that makes sense.

Natalie
03-01-2009, 08:42 AM
I didn't start on a Sunday as people who are going to clubs to be weighed won't go on a Sunday?

I'm I waffling lol ?

calismum
03-01-2009, 12:50 PM
I'm happy to go with the flow - I can't get to the local club which is on a Tuesday so am just going to follow the plan I managed previously.

Don't think it really matters which day.

smudgley
03-01-2009, 03:20 PM
I'm not going to a club, so can weigh in any day.
I weighed myself on fri as a starting point.

Day 2 is going well, although I'm knackered from the wii fit, all my muscles ache :oops:

alexgirl73
03-01-2009, 04:15 PM
Okay, just weighed myself. 11st 5lbs!!! I could cry lol. I was never that heavy even when pregnant. Oh well. I'm happy to go with anyday as weigh in.

smudgley
03-01-2009, 04:22 PM
Shall we have photos of the fat people on here? :roll:

Mags
03-01-2009, 04:24 PM
Shall we have photos of the fat people on here? :roll:
Good idea! :-D

alexgirl73
03-01-2009, 04:32 PM
Oh good grief NO!!!!!!!! I am camera phobic at the moment :lol:

smudgley
03-01-2009, 09:40 PM
Well I'll start then shall I?

http://i385.photobucket.com/albums/oo292/kellynewton/DSC01948.jpg

http://i385.photobucket.com/albums/oo292/kellynewton/DSC02123.jpg

smudgley
03-01-2009, 09:41 PM
look at all my chins! Shocking! :roll:

PS - Notice the before & after hair colour too.

dandysmom
03-01-2009, 09:54 PM
Love the new hair! Very becoming!

alexgirl73
03-01-2009, 09:56 PM
I like the new hair colour Smudgley :D

Can't actually find any pics of me, I'm usually behind the camera lol. Only one was this one taken in the summer, but I've put on about a stone since then!!!!

http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m12/alexgirl73/100_0759.jpg

dandysmom
03-01-2009, 09:59 PM
I'm enjoying the Before pics ........ look forward to the After ones. Hope you all reach your goals!

Natalie
03-01-2009, 11:48 PM
You both look gorgeous. Will find a recent picture of me but it aint pretty.

Diet going ok I think. Not had chance to go on my Wii fit today but boy am I full of wind!!!!!!! *parp*

smudgley
04-01-2009, 12:39 AM
Ooh dear Nat. :-D

I have been on my wii fit & done my hours training again today. Every muscle in my body aches, but hey it's all good. :?

calismum
04-01-2009, 04:30 PM
I have no pics of me just now as am sooooo embarassed when I look in the mirror. Will maybe get OH to take some tomorrow. Think it would be good incentive.

smudgley
04-01-2009, 08:00 PM
I have no pics of me just now as am sooooo embarassed when I look in the mirror. Will maybe get OH to take some tomorrow. Think it would be good incentive.

Come on get him to take one, I hate having my photo taken, and the photos I've posted are awful, but I've done it to make me realise just how big I am!

Day 3 going well. Wii fit is just about killing me though.

Kazz
04-01-2009, 08:35 PM
I may join you but no diet as such...just up the excercise.

alexgirl73
04-01-2009, 08:38 PM
I would love a Wii fit, something I could do at my own pace.

meep
05-01-2009, 01:26 PM
Hey everyone! I'm signing up for the 'slimming club' too, although my goals aren't set on the scales as my weight only changed by 1lb over the hols. My goal is on changing my measurements, as even though my weight hasn't' changed much, I've definately lost all muscle definition and have put on a lot of excess on my midrift and hips.

I'm using the foodfocus.co.uk website that someone recommended and think it's great! My main goal food and exercise wise is to cut out chocolate and any extra sugar (sugar releases the hormone insulin which makes your body hold onto fat) and go to the gym 5 - 6 times a week. I'm going to get that bikini body back!

Will re-read the thread to find out rules etc. Weigh-ins won't really apply to me as my weight has been constant, but measurements and visible physical results are a must!

meep
05-01-2009, 01:29 PM
I've just re-read the thread and thought about it, and thought it's best I don't take part in the slimming club, as as I mentioned weight-loss isn't my goal. I often get rolled eyes and sarky comments when I tell people I'm trying to get 'fit' as I do look petite, so it's best I just have my own 'get-fit' club rather than join a slimming club. But good luck everyone! :) Looking forward to seeing the 'After' pics, it's always such a rewarding feeling!