PDA

View Full Version : Simon realy poorly

kado
29-12-2008, 02:50 PM
We had too take Simon too the vets. He hasnt been his self over the last couple of days. The vet checked him over and said it was his bladder and he hadnt been hit by anything as well. She took his temperature which was raised slightly but he is realy hot to touch he hasnt eaten or drunk anything much since yesterday morning all he did was sleep. He is on a drip and his having blood tests to see if they can find out whats wrong. I am missing him all ready its too quite but i know he is in the best place.

jane

angieh
29-12-2008, 02:54 PM
So sorry to hear the news Jane. Healing vibes being sent for Simon. You are right of course and he is in the best place. Do hope the vet can find the cause very quickly.

Elaine
29-12-2008, 02:59 PM
So sorry to hear about Simon. I wish him all the very best, I seriously do.
Have they mentioned what may be the cause of his bladder problem or is that why they are blood testing, to check liver and kidney function?

kado
29-12-2008, 03:05 PM
They are checking everthing i dont think its out to do with his bladder which is struvite cyrstals but is fur is not right he looks realy out of condition he also cried when i left him.

jane

Mags
29-12-2008, 03:06 PM
Sorry to hear about Simon, I hope he begins to improve soon...

Moli
29-12-2008, 03:07 PM
Hope the vet gets to the bottom of it soon....Please keep us updated...

Elaine
29-12-2008, 03:13 PM
Are they running a full blood pannel or just checking the liver and kidney function? When will you get the results?
poor fella, must be such a worry for you. xxx

dinahsmum
29-12-2008, 03:13 PM
Hope he'll be better very soon

kado
29-12-2008, 03:18 PM
They are running a full blood pannel and i have too phone the vets up at 4.30.

Elaine
29-12-2008, 03:21 PM
Fingers crossed for a possitive out come xxx

calismum
29-12-2008, 06:19 PM
fingers crossed here. Hope they manage to find the problem.

kado
29-12-2008, 06:41 PM
We have just picked him up. He was put on a drip and had blood test done which in the vets all came back negative he also had a bit of diaheria whilst there. They sent someothers away and we should have the results on wednesday when he goes back. They have no idea on what was wrong either. He just got out of his carrier and had something to eat as well he seems more alert as well.

jane x

calismum
29-12-2008, 06:43 PM
Wednesday then. Hope it is something simple and easy to sort.

pinklizzy
29-12-2008, 08:06 PM
Glad he's feeling a bit perkier, fingers crossed for the blood results. X

angieh
29-12-2008, 09:49 PM
More healing vibes being sent and good wishes for Wednesday.

kado
29-12-2008, 11:48 PM
He is still very quiet and he has been sick as well then just went too where he has been sleeping. All the others are keeping away from him and are all quiet like they know there is something wrong.

yola
29-12-2008, 11:48 PM
Wishing Simon all the best . . . I hope the results come back with something conclusive so that diagnosis, treatment and recovery can easily be sorted.

kado
30-12-2008, 10:33 AM
He is still not right. He just came and sat down on my knee which he hasnt done for a few days and then started coughing like he is bringing up a fur ball so i put him down on the floor and then i found he had brought bile up in the kitchen. He hasnt drank or eaten anything either so i am taking him too the vets very soon i havent got an appointment they told me to come straight in which they havent done in the past i am realy starting to panick now.

jane

Moli
30-12-2008, 10:34 AM
Really hope the vets can shed some light on the problem......sending healing vibes, and hugs to you both...x

kado
30-12-2008, 11:47 AM
Just got back. They couldnt give him ab's yesterday as they were not too sure what was wrong, so they give him them plus a pain killer as well. His abdomen seems tender the vet thinks it could be either pancratitas or gastroentriatas. The only thing he hasnt got is feline aids and the other blood tests came back negative , the bloods that they sent away havent come back as yet. Whats worring me is he has lost a lot of weight around about 3lbs he now weighs 11lb 2oz. Go any of you know what it could mean.

jane

Elaine
30-12-2008, 03:07 PM
http://www.vin.com/proceedings/Proceedings.plx?CID=WSAVA2003&PID=pr06623&O=Generic

http://www.vetinfo.com/cencyclopedia/cepancrea.html

http://www.petz.co.uk/vetontheweb/new/article9.html

There are 2 main causes of gastroenteritis, viral and bacterial.
One of the most difficult things is trying to determine exactly whats you are dealing with as so many illnesses carry the same symptoms i.e. vomitting, diarrhoea etc. Is is possible he has eaten something outside?
Is he over weight at all?
The worry about pancreatitis and his inability to eat can cause hepatic lipidosis or fatty liver disease.
Is is possible to syringe feed him?
When cats stop eating they get a build up of excess tummy acid, just as you and I would, this is what makes them vomit bile and can turn into a viscous circle. The excess tummy acid makes them feel sick so they wont eat but they would actually feel a litle better if they had a little food inside them.
I know how worried you must be Jane but please stay strong for him, he needs you to be strong for him right now.
If you need an ear to listen just pm me and we can exchange numbers if you like. xxx

Elaine
30-12-2008, 03:36 PM
http://www.allourpets.com/feline/ChickenSoup.shtml

Have just been reading this, makes for easier understanding of IBS as some other links are very lengthy and full of vet jargon etc, so thought it might be useful.

Elaine
30-12-2008, 03:57 PM
http://www.cat-world.com.au/PancreatitisInCats.htm

furriefriend
30-12-2008, 04:53 PM
hope he feels better soon

dandysmom
30-12-2008, 05:32 PM
Healing vibes coming and a hug for you, so worrying when they're sick. Stay strong for Simon...

calismum
30-12-2008, 11:03 PM
Great info links from Elaine - hope they are of help. Big hugs to you both.

Natalie
30-12-2008, 11:25 PM
Super info and advice from Elaine. Sorry I cannot offer any alternative help but am wishing Simon and speedy diagnosis and recovery and plenty of hugs for you too. Such a worrying time x

kado
31-12-2008, 01:37 PM
Simons back in the vets. We took him in this morning and they kept him in. He ate a little when he first came back from the vets yesterday but threw it up about 4 hours later. He had some food last night and kept it down we havent seen him drink though. The vet couldnt express any urine so he is either going too have his bladder expressed or he is going to be catherterised. The vet phoned the lab up for his blood test results some are back but some are not we have too phone up at 5pm too see how he is i am praying he will be back as its would have been my daughters 18th birthday tomorror and i need him with me as he is my baby and he always comes to me when i am upset.

jane

angieh
31-12-2008, 01:40 PM
More love and healing vibes for Simon from Merlin and me.

kado
31-12-2008, 07:09 PM
There are keeping Simon in tonight i have to phone at 10am tomorrow. He has a catherter fitted and the blood results have come back but the receptionist couldnt disscus them or the vet could. We cant believe he is ill again he hasnt been ill for about 1yr and he is such a sweetheart too me he loves given me cuddles. Its realy quiet here all the other cats are subude and i am sure they know there is something wrong and last night they all washed him but he didnt want a bar of it. My daughters have got a friend staying tonight she is only 6 and loves coming here, we are going to play on the Wii tonight and hopefuly it will take me worring about Simon all the time, I have had a realy bad headache all day without my baby boy.

jane X

jane

Moli
31-12-2008, 07:20 PM
So sorry to be reading this Kado, he is in the best place, hopfully tomorrow will shed some light on the problem, it does sound like crystals in his bladder, one of my boys had this problem years ago, but after a week in the vets was back to normal and has had no problems since...

kado
31-12-2008, 08:26 PM
Just phoned the vets. He hasnt got crystals is on a drip and has eaten a little. The vet said he is a little more lively than earlier. I realy do know he is in the best place. All i want too do is just cuddle him, he usual jumps up on my knee every night for a cuddle.

jane

kado
01-01-2009, 11:21 AM
phone again this morning. Simon has had something to eat and drink he is still got his cathiter in but that is getting taking out this morning and if he wee's his self he might be able to come home i have to phone the back at 1-2pm to see.

jane

dandysmom
01-01-2009, 05:04 PM
Hope goes well and he can come home; please let us know.

kado
01-01-2009, 11:31 PM
The vet said he seems fine got to phone up in the morning.

jane

dandysmom
01-01-2009, 11:34 PM
Fingers crossed for good news.

kado
02-01-2009, 01:07 PM
We can pick him up at 3pm. The vet phoned me this morning. When they where taking the catheriter out a little piece was missing they had just cleaned the cage out as well. So they couldnt find it in the cage so they tried to xray him but he kept wriggling around so they phoned us up for permisson for a G/A they didnt find out so thats why he can come home. Cant wait realy excited now its not been the same here without him.

jane x

Mags
02-01-2009, 01:56 PM
Brilliant news Jane...:D

Moli
02-01-2009, 03:16 PM
Fantastic news!!

kado
02-01-2009, 04:18 PM
We just got him back and i cant stop crying. The vet said there possibly a problem with his liver. He as too eat more before then they test it. This little boy cant take anymore.

jane

Elaine
02-01-2009, 05:09 PM
I am glad he is home and sorry there may be something wrong with his liver, how ever the liver is regenerative, so may not be as bleak as you are thinking currently.
Be strong for him Jane, he needs you to be xxx
Lots of love and best wishes xxx

dandysmom
02-01-2009, 05:26 PM
(((hugs))) Jane .......

Natalie
02-01-2009, 05:31 PM
Sending you and simon lots of love and hugs xxx

calismum
03-01-2009, 12:26 AM
sorry to hear that he is not well. ((hugs to you both))

Moli
03-01-2009, 12:32 AM
Sorry to read this Kado, cannot offer advise, but we are all here for you.....Hugs..x