PDA

View Full Version : Slimmers Club 2009

Natalie
28-12-2008, 07:58 PM
I have decided to rejoin Slimming World on Wednesday morning. I have lost weight with them before and I want/need/must get back to my old slim self by the summer. I probably have approx 2 stone to lose and I shall start taking up running again, knees allowing.

So who is going to join me and perhaps record it in this thread how much we lose per week?

angieh
28-12-2008, 08:02 PM
I'd like to join in Natalie.

I am attending my first pulmonary rehab on 7th Jan and will see a dietician there, so I won't be joining Slimming World but need to lose probably the same amount as you and I think it would be nice to be able to "compare notes".

smudgley
28-12-2008, 08:15 PM
I'll join in. I desperately need to loose weight & I keep banging on about it, but this year have had no determination. However having realised recently that I am bigger than I have ever been & even bigger than I was with both my pregnancies :shock: it's time to diet!

My daughter & I have organised a fitness programme, she's my personal trainer (she's 10) but is a great mentor as she is good at encouraging me & will come running with me.

We have put a programme together using this 8 week plan

http://www.weightlossresources.co.uk/exercise/running/3_mile_training_plan.htm

and using the wii fit. We have put in weigh days and written it all up in a diary starting 2nd Jan for 8 weeks.

I am really ready for this & will obviously be healthy eating as well as trying to get fit. I will follow my own diet based on a diet used at a local slimming club that I have used previously.

Natalie
28-12-2008, 08:20 PM
Great stuff Ange and Kelly. I forgot I have my Wii fit too so will alternate that with my running.

Have you thought about your eating plan girls?

smudgley
28-12-2008, 08:24 PM
Yes, Mine is a very low fat ( well no fat) diet. Have done well on it before (when I put my mind to it :roll: )

There's not much weighing of food involved with this diet, just sensible portions & limited daily amounts of certain foods.

Kazz
28-12-2008, 08:48 PM
Best of luck to you all. Have another chocolate ;)

alexgirl73
28-12-2008, 09:02 PM
I'd love to join you, but unfortunately I have no will power at the moment. I did really well at SW also, but stupidly stopped going when I reached my target. And now I can't afford to go anymore. Good luck to all those who are going for it :)

Kazz
28-12-2008, 09:09 PM
I'd love to join you, but unfortunately I have no will power at the moment. I did really well at SW also, but stupidly stopped going when I reached my target. And now I can't afford to go anymore. Good luck to all those who are going for it :)

Can't you follow it without joining do you not still have the "info" from the previous times?

alexgirl73
28-12-2008, 09:19 PM
Yeah I've still got the info, but if you're not going to the meetings and being weighed each week, you tend to slip into bad ways lol. That was my prob before. I got to my target weight of 9 stone, stopped going, then shovelled it all back on again, plus more.

Kim
29-12-2008, 01:22 AM
I desperately need to lose weight too. Have very little willpower though. I'm not going ot join a slimming club (again) but intend to start going back to the gym.

EmmaG
29-12-2008, 11:10 AM
I have joined a bikini challenge on another forum, idea is to get into bikini shape by June 2009.

Good luck to you all

calismum
29-12-2008, 11:14 AM
Hi - Can I join in too. Need to lose around 2.5 stones! I've done WW in past so will follow that again as I still have all the stuff. It would be good tho' to have a weekly 'weigh in' here as I can't get to WW classes easily.

When are you starting?

smudgley
29-12-2008, 11:35 AM
Hi - Can I join in too. Need to lose around 2.5 stones! I've done WW in past so will follow that again as I still have all the stuff. It would be good tho' to have a weekly 'weigh in' here as I can't get to WW classes easily.

When are you starting?

me - 2nd January :cool:

calismum
29-12-2008, 11:38 AM
I have a party on 4th - so I'll aim for 5th then. No point in starting off to fail on day two is there?

smudgley
29-12-2008, 11:44 AM
5th is good. :cool:

I have had to schedule in times for my excercise to fit around work etc & the girls & CP stuff, so we have written down what / when I will do my exercise...... lets see how long it all lasts :oops:

EmmaG
29-12-2008, 11:47 AM
Would it be possible for you slimmers to post up the type of food that you are eating and exercise etc, might get some more members interested?

calismum
29-12-2008, 11:50 AM
Good idea - even if we did a breakfast lunch and main meal each then we could all get ideas. I'll post one later once I look out my books etc. What do others think?

smudgley
29-12-2008, 11:51 AM
Good idea Emma. I'll post food as we go.
I'm doing the walking / jogging programme as posted in the previous link. Then 2 sessions on the wii fit per day. I am excercising every day for a total of 60 mins except on Tue & Thu where it will be 30 mins.

{Just listen to me, sounding like some fitness freak - I'll probably collapse after the first day}

calismum
29-12-2008, 11:56 AM
Exercise wise I'm going to do more hill work on foot rather than take the quad bike. (just don't tell the sheep as they can get up quite a turn of speed if they know you want to catch them!!)