PDA

View Full Version : Billy

Phoenix
27-12-2008, 06:11 PM
Billy's been returned to the homing centre. His fosterer took him back temporarily because Billy was getting really frustrated getting kept in a pen.

He needs "get a new home very soon" thoughts (and someone to go and take him home witht them - he gets on well with other cats)

He's been in the rescue centre for quite a while and is in urgent need of a new home.

Elaine
27-12-2008, 06:24 PM
Whats his story? Why was he being kept in a pen?

Phoenix
27-12-2008, 06:27 PM
Whats his story? Why was he being kept in a pen?

He was found as a stray, the charity took him in.

He was (and now is again) being kept in a pen in the homing centre waiting for someone to take him home.

I'd take him if I could, but sadly I'm not sure Dylan would appreciate another male in the house :( If we could take on another cat it would have to be a female - Dylan's started getting a little territorial.

Elaine
27-12-2008, 06:35 PM
He was found as a stray, the charity took him in.

He was (and now is again) being kept in a pen in the homing centre waiting for someone to take him home.

I'd take him if I could, but sadly I'm not sure Dylan would appreciate another male in the house :( If we could take on another cat it would have to be a female - Dylan's started getting a little territorial.

Not necessarily, I always had boys together. The boys often are more acepting than the girls. Eva is the first girl I have had and she's a nightmare:lol:

So why did the fosterer return him? Sorry i am confused by this coz you said he was returned because he was getting frustrated being kept in a pen...

Phoenix
27-12-2008, 07:27 PM
[/B]

Not necessarily, I always had boys together. The boys often are more acepting than the girls. Eva is the first girl I have had and she's a nightmare:lol:

So why did the fosterer return him? Sorry i am confused by this coz you said he was returned because he was getting frustrated being kept in a pen...

He was kept in a pen to start with, the fosterer took him back because he was getting frustrated with being in a pen and started getting scratchy and bitey with us volunteers (he got rather overweight as well), now he's back in the homing centre for a second chance to get a new home.

Has that made it any clearer? ;)

Elaine
27-12-2008, 07:54 PM
Ok gotcha now;)
When cats are with fosterers, do they have to be penned? Or can a fosterer let them have free run of the home or at least a room or two?
I understand them being penned at the rescue, just think I too would get frustrated at being penned 24/7 for such a long and indefinate time. Such a shame, poor boy.

Phoenix
27-12-2008, 07:58 PM
Ok gotcha now;)
When cats are with fosterers, do they have to be penned? Or can a fosterer let them have free run of the home or at least a room or two?
I understand them being penned at the rescue, just think I too would get frustrated at being penned 24/7 for such a long and indefinate time. Such a shame, poor boy.

I don't know about generally, but apparently Billy's fosterer had him in her shed for a few months before he was returned (couldn't let him have free run of the house - fostered another cat who fights with any cat he could get near, he's in the homing centre now as well - Bomber)

Phoenix
28-12-2008, 07:40 PM
[/B]

I don't think Dylan would be accepting after today - he's started spraying in our home, not sure why yet. I'm keeping an eye on him to try to find the reason.