PDA

View Full Version : Rescue 14 year old Suzie

Phoenix
24-12-2008, 06:09 PM
I've found out more about Suzie's history. How someone can BE like this I do NOT know! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Suzie's owners got a new kitten, Suzie started suffering from anxiety because of new kitten so they took her to the vets (Suzie I mean). They wanted her PTS even though she'd been with them ever since kittenhood and there was nothing wrong with her. The vet prescribed tablets to help with her anxiety, but the people brought her back barely trying her on the tablets! :evil: :twisted: They wanted her put to sleep again but the vet said no and contacted the charity.

From the sounds of it they are the sort of people (Suzie's old owners I mean) who would get rid of a cat for any excuse because they grow up out of kittenhood :evil:

Sorry about the rant, just had to get it out of my system before I explode! :evil: :evil: :evil:

dandysmom
24-12-2008, 09:57 PM
What a sad, sad commentary on some people and their attitude that pets are a disposable commodity... :( Hope Suzie finds a loving home where she'll be cherished and loved.

angieh
24-12-2008, 11:53 PM
That's wicked. What sadness for poor Suzie - she could still have years of happiness ahead. I know that an elderly cat can give you wonderful company even though they can cause a lot of worry. I would never even think of abandoning Merlin - I love him much too much.

Phoenix
25-12-2008, 09:15 PM
I think I mentioned that she was a perfectly healthy 14 year young didn't I? Plays like a kitten, apart from when kittens are around, then she gets stressed. Adult cats she's fine with! It's just kittens she's not (chases them away from her)

Phoenix
30-12-2008, 09:38 PM
Hope what I put in post 1 made sense - was too mad to think straight :evil:

HappyKatz
30-12-2008, 09:50 PM
How could anyone have the heart to do that to a cat they have had for that long. I wonder how people can do things like that...I will never understand. Poor kitties get caught in the middle :( Hope sweet Suzie will get the home she deserves :smt049