PDA

View Full Version : Anyone ventured out to the supermarket yet?

smudgley
24-12-2008, 01:32 AM
Has anyone been food shopping yesterday / today. We had planned to go today but decided to go tomorrow morning instead. I hate the thought of all the pushing & shoving when all I want to do is a weeks food shop!
We are going at 6am when they open, hopefully avoiding the rush! :roll:

dandysmom
24-12-2008, 03:05 AM
I did mine today, no way I want to be there Christmas Eve with the aisles clogged with trolleys and the checkout lines stretching into infinity! Plus, have my bi-weekly delivery tomorrow with all th heavy stuff plus basics; I'm all set.

Tink
24-12-2008, 06:47 AM
we went last saturday and it was a nightmare. but we've got enough to hold us over for a week now :-)

yola
24-12-2008, 10:04 AM
OH went Tuesday night and said it was mental . . . I only drove through the car park yesterday afternoon to drop off my bottles at the glass bank and the car park was stuffed full :shock:

Gotta walk into town and get those napkins today though . . . OH refuses to set foot in Waitrose again until after Christmas :lol:

Kazz
24-12-2008, 10:48 AM
Have nearly everything but need to get bread, milk, onions (salad) toms and orange lemon slices ( I know not a core staple of life.)

Also got to get the turkey.....had visitors this morning already.....twice one lot left another arrived....sorted the food for tonight just got to cook it....and brought some plastic/disposal glasses so I can throw them away I am not washing up after tonight....Oh by the way the drinks for neighbours friends has gone down a storm everyone saying what a brilliant idea.... surprising how many people were really excited about the idea, if the weather holds may tumble out into the garden too....I have said between 4.30 6.30 (see if anyone is still here at 6.32!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

Wrapped the majority of presents now and have a couple of bits to get (ideas since last night)

Mom Dad went to see Carols by Candlight Symphony Hall B'ham - Sat and stayed in the Hyatt Regency in a junior suite (Christmas treat from us all) had afternoon tea and breakfast (room service) due to Mom's eating problem....and throughtly enjoyed it when I get time I will download the pictures.. then last night they went to see also at Symphony Hall Christmas Gala....a boy soprano who they said was excellent and a really good orchestra, and tenor.

Oh H like Dinah Sal has found her presents which include like D a tyre and a ragger which also now reside in the soap powder cupboard....Staffords eh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So everyone have a good Christmas I may get back on maybe not but MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE.

dinahsmum
24-12-2008, 10:49 AM
I've been to town to the butcher. The supermarket opened at 7 and at 8.15 there were free checkouts. I didn't go in, so can't tell you how manic it was inside.
Good luck!

Isn't 4pm xmas eve great? You can say "Wel, if I've not got it now, we can't have it - no point fussing" and actually sit back an relax for a few hours.

Edit: Simultaneous post Kazz! Dinah says 'Enjoy' to Sal

Kazz
24-12-2008, 10:56 AM
Sal will she sussed through the pile of presents and found hers straight off........she adores presents......stange dog. Apparently the children have brought her things too....we are getting worse....as a family.!!!!!!!!!!!;)

alexgirl73
24-12-2008, 11:01 AM
I did mine yesterday, but had to nip up to Asda at 10pm last night, couldn't find a space in the car park, and it was like a fee for all in the actual store. Thankfully I was only in for cat food lol.

Mags
24-12-2008, 12:45 PM
I did most of mine yesterday morning at 7.15am, no mass of crowds at all...:D

Did the final bit this morning at 9.30am, things like bread, rolls, extra fruit juices etc ....... more people there but I only had two people infront of me at the checkout.

So....... my food shopping this Christmas was a doddle!:D

Moli
24-12-2008, 12:51 PM
I will be later on...!!

Annestaff
24-12-2008, 02:01 PM
I've just been to Asda and it was really empty, but saying that so were the shelves :lol:

angieh
24-12-2008, 02:34 PM
Anne! - You've got a Santa mooning on your avatar!!!

OH went to Tesco with the intention of getting our chook yesterday, drove around the car park twice - could find no parking spaces and gave up! Went to our local farm butcher's shop and came home with a lovely fresh free-range one instead. We were going to cook a gammon, but decided that it would be a waste, so he also got some home cured ham slices for the cold meat on Boxing Day.

Had a couple of unexpected visitors this morning, so sat with them chatting and having tea and then I went to our farm shop just for the fresh veg. They had an elderly gent directing the parking - the shop was full but easy, I got my carrots and broccoli (sorry Eileen!) some garlic and onions and was home within half an hour.

Now it's extreme cleaning (whilst still in the throws of left over extreme washing!) and popping around to take some pressies to a friend mid afternoon.

All in all a bit relaxed really .....................

smudgley
24-12-2008, 02:38 PM
We went to asda at 6am ready for when they opened. It was great. A few people had the same idea, but wasn't too busy.
Shelves weren't very full though :roll: said they'd had trouble with a delivery not turning up! There wasn't a sliced loaf in the store :shock: So we had to make do with crusty bread :-D

Got everything now & all sorted!

EmmaG
24-12-2008, 03:18 PM
I did most of mine yesterday morning at 7.15am, no mass of crowds at all...:D

Snap!! we got up early yesterday popped to Sainsburys for about 7.20am and then popped to a local deli/restaurant for a well deserved cooked english breakfast :-D

Picked up my turkey last week from the deli and popped in the freezer, it is now defrosting :)

CathyW
24-12-2008, 03:20 PM
did the asdas run yesterday. then popped into our local robbery shop (sorry convience store) 1-9p for a sorry looking cucumber. and also got some peanuts (in shell) lol i have to keep doing spell checker im on the baileys already (hic)
taken the dog out for a couple of little walks. hes not well so its little n often for him.
im cooking duck and turkey crown at the moment. and got a lump of beef to do as well.
the cats can have duck skin for thier tea tonight. and as u can guess reggie is staying by my side all the time while im cooking lol hes had cheese already.
if i dont get to a chance to say happy christmas (opps just said it lol)
hope the day goes well for u all. 4 legged and 2 legged friends alike :)

Moli
24-12-2008, 04:53 PM
I hve been to Tesco for milk, and cat litter, and it was almost empty too, plenty of stock left though..