PDA

View Full Version : Cats on the mend. (I hope!)

borderdawn
20-12-2008, 08:47 PM
Hello all.

Its been a very busy and not so pleasant week or so here. Moosey was brilliant after his op, but just 36hrs after his anti-biotics had stopped he started sneezing! Within 24hrs, overnight really, he was a very poorly Cat with laboured breathing, nasal and eye discharge and a very crackly chest which you could hear!:shock: The Vet said its not uncommon for Cats to develop such things when their immune system had been supressed, as in the anesthetic, but poor Moosey was a very sick Cat. Thankfully he responded well to the various drugs and within 2 days was well on the mend. So then Rowan thought he'd join in...........then Scooter, then Wiggy!!!:roll: So 4 Cats on anti-biotics, but are all doing fine i think, Moosey and Rowan are back to normal, in fact Moosey is just bursting with energy now his teeth dont hinder him, Id forgotten how naughty he was!:-D

I hope that Jessie and Schnapps dont come down with it, being elderly ladies, so far so good. I have never ever had a cat with a virus type thing, I suppose its like Kennel Cough in dogs, one gets it then another? Anyway, ill get round to a pic of the Moosey as I said for you, if I can catch him!! :-D

dandysmom
20-12-2008, 09:16 PM
Sorry to hear that the virus has been making the rounds, Dawn. Hope the oldies won't get it, and that everyone will be well for Christmas. And a Merry Christmas to you and yours!

pinklizzy
20-12-2008, 09:16 PM
Oh dear, sorry to hear your babies haven't been well :(
Four cats on AB's must have been a challenge! Glad they're on the mend now though.
Can't wait to see pictures!

Moli
20-12-2008, 09:52 PM
So sorry to hear the boys are poorly Dawn...Hope they all recover soon....I know the feeling, one gets, it goes right round the rest...

yola
20-12-2008, 10:44 PM
Glad they're all on the mend Dawn. It must have been a real worry for you. I hope the two oldies stay clear of whatever has been bugging their others.

angieh
20-12-2008, 10:59 PM
What a worry for you Dawn - glad to hear that they are mending. Virtual hugs all round from me.

calismum
20-12-2008, 11:48 PM
good they are over the worst. Hope that the oldies escape it.

borderdawn
21-12-2008, 02:08 AM
Thanks all, and all of you have a super Xmas too.

Its been a difficult couple of months with these here pets!! Wouldnt change them though!!

Natalie
21-12-2008, 05:10 AM
Get well soon kitties. Must have been a very stressful time for you but fingers crossed they are all on the mend now. Hugs x

Mags
21-12-2008, 11:47 AM
How worrying for you Dawn :( sounds like you had your work cut out with 4 of them on ABs:? Pleased to hear they are recovering now!

I hope your two grand old ladies stay clear of the virus ....... and you are all able to enjoy a bug-free Christmas:D

Elaine
21-12-2008, 02:30 PM
Very glad to hear they are all on the mend now and i look forward to those piccies;)
Have a wonderful xmas xxx

dinahsmum
22-12-2008, 11:17 AM
Sorry to hear you've had such a bad time Dawn, but pleased to hear that things are loking up now.
Cuddles for all the patients

borderdawn
22-12-2008, 02:47 PM
Thanks all very much its appreciated.

Lorna
22-12-2008, 07:12 PM
Hope they're feeling 100% soon Dawn xxx

borderdawn
22-12-2008, 07:38 PM
Cheers lorna.