PDA

View Full Version : Kneading

alexgirl73
19-12-2008, 10:44 AM
Now I know we've all seen our cats knead with their front paws, but have you ever seen a cat do it with their BACK paws?

Teddie did this last night and OH and I just stared at ehr in amazement:shock: :lol: She was kneading the duvet as she normally does with ther front, then joined in with the back, so all four paws were going, then stopped with the front and just used her back ones. We were very confused:lol:

CathyW
19-12-2008, 12:03 PM
sorry but that made me laugh. must of been one of them "i wish i had a video cam with me" moment LOL
ronnie kneads with his front legs when im in bed by the side of me. he works his way all the up and down the bed. only thing is he does it and his front legs get further n further away. so hes almost stretched out, then the back legs have a little catch up then he does it again. so funny to watch :)

yola
19-12-2008, 12:15 PM
The other week when I was unwell I had the blanket on the sofa (with me under it). Myshka started doing this weird 'back legs' dance on my leg which looked like kneading.

It was only after a bit that I realised he was actually getting a little . . . ahem . . .over-excited :oops: So I know Teddie wouldn't be doing the same action as such, but do you think it might be some residual mating thing??

alexgirl73
19-12-2008, 12:24 PM
lol Yola, I don't think so, but it might be. She is 2 and a half now, so getting to the mature point, si it could be something like that. Just very funny though.

dinahsmum
19-12-2008, 12:44 PM
I was told it was a typical Siamese trait. Min did it and so did all her family who we met when we collected her.

Moli
19-12-2008, 01:23 PM
I was told it was a typical Siamese trait. Min did it and so did all her family who we met when we collected her.

You are right there DM, both my Siamese boys do it, I always say they are dancing...:lol:

alexgirl73
19-12-2008, 02:10 PM
lol, does she have part Siamese in her as well then :lol:

Moli
19-12-2008, 03:39 PM
Sounds like it Alex..:lol: :lol: ...My Exotics do not do it...

Elaine
19-12-2008, 04:57 PM
Bernie always does this at the foot of the bed then proceeds to erm... hump my feet:lol:

Tina
20-12-2008, 12:14 AM
Mousie's a "kneader", Miw doesn't do it so much any more. Mouse will knead when she gets on my lap using all 4 paws until she's ready to lie down, and then just kneads with the front paws whilst doing her suckle on her back leg thing LOL! I've never seen her knead with just the back paws though LOL that's too funny! :-)

dandysmom
20-12-2008, 12:48 AM
That's a new one to me, never seen it in any of mine,

calismum
20-12-2008, 11:17 AM
That did make me smile. I have had one cat who used all 4 paws to knead. Any of the others that done it were all just front paws only.

angieh
20-12-2008, 12:12 PM
Yes - same as CM above. How funny that must have looked! Poor Merlin nearly keels over when he lifts one front paw up off the ground now.