PDA

View Full Version : Unpleasant present from Dylan

Phoenix
18-12-2008, 09:44 PM
Today Dylan brought his first present home for us! :-D

Trouble was, he decided to eat it all except the organs and the bones! :roll: :shock: :cat36 leaving them on the kitchen carpet! :cat36

(It was a rat by the way)

dandysmom
18-12-2008, 09:53 PM
Oh wow, good for him!!! You must be quite proud of him, a rat is a nasty adversary. Leia caught and killed a rat that had gotten in the house last year; it was huge, and I was so pleased. But she didn't eat it, thank God! Have a pic if you'd like to see it...

Phoenix
18-12-2008, 09:55 PM
Oh wow, good for him!!! You must be quite proud of him, a rat is a nasty adversary. Leia caught and killed a rat that had gotten in the house last year; it was huge, and I was so pleased. But she didn't eat it, thank God! Have a pic if you'd like to see it...

I made sure I told him what a clever boy he is! :-D

(My relatives don't appreciate finding the organs and bones of a rat at breakfast time though)

You can post the pic if you like! I didn't get a picture of the rat (bit too disgusting for a forum)

dandysmom
18-12-2008, 10:00 PM
That's why I didn't post it now, although I did when it happened..... mine wasn't innards, just a quite dead rat with herself watching it intently to be sure it was really really dead! I have a strong stomach, stuff like that doesn't bother me, but I do agree at breakfast it might be a bit gross!

Phoenix
18-12-2008, 10:02 PM
That's why I didn't post it now, although I did when it happened.....

Can you PM me the picture then please DM?

dandysmom
18-12-2008, 10:12 PM
Glad to! You can see that Leia's not just a pretty face...... :-D

Phoenix
18-12-2008, 10:15 PM
Glad to! You can see that Leia's not just a pretty face...... :-D

I'll make sure Dylan sees the picture so he knows how we'd like our dead rats brought to us! :lol:

Tina
18-12-2008, 10:37 PM
Oh clever Dylan! My girls are afraid of anything as big as rats! They eye up my son's gerbils often, but have never tried to touch them.

Mousie brings me half dead spiders that are still moving (barely) on their half legless bodies.....REALLY BIG ONES!!!!!

dandysmom
18-12-2008, 10:54 PM
Oh clever Dylan! My girls are afraid of anything as big as rats! They eye up my son's gerbils often, but have never tried to touch them.

Mousie brings me half dead spiders that are still moving (barely) on their half legless bodies.....REALLY BIG ONES!!!!!

Eeeek! Now that would send me screaming up the wall!

Tina
18-12-2008, 10:57 PM
Eeeek! Now that would send me screaming up the wall!

LMAO the last one sent hubby screaming up the wall! I think I posted about it here a couple weeks back. The last spider she brought us was HUGE, in the middle of the night, TO OUR BED! LOL! :lol:

dandysmom
18-12-2008, 11:00 PM
OMG ......yes, I remember that story; gave me the horrors!

janey83
18-12-2008, 11:02 PM
Tigger was a nightmare for killing birds, use to drive me mad! He did eat a hole family of mice that were living at the bottom of our garden though. I saw him with this white tail hangin out of his mouth, I went over to see what it was... It was minging... he was chewing away, then he swaped sides in his mouth n carried on chewing ewww (Gags!) Poor mice. I remember him also eating a hole bird... except some intestines n a few other parts...(gags even more!)

Tina
18-12-2008, 11:10 PM
Oh Janey, how revolting LOL! I have to say I'm quite glad our girls don't like to catch anything other than flies and spiders (though the spiders are terrifying LOL!).

We do find well-chewed, dead mice laid on the back doorstep frequently when we go out in the morning. I know there's a stray cat out here somewhere (we're in the countryside) and OH leaves food out for it every day, so I think it must be him leaving the mice. Miw's seen him a couple times and put up a big show of being bossy and threatening LOL maybe the mice are gifts for her......bit of a kitty crush there LOL!

niki71uk
18-12-2008, 11:13 PM
my 15yr old cat brought a seagull into the house when he was about 6 mnths old,it musta already been dead or injured tho,coz they r hugeeeeeeeeeee !!!!!!:shock: ,i woke up in the nite hearing crunching noises in the hall,there was 2 full wings a bit of body and both legs still all attached.i got a plastic back n thtrew it out the window,then sorted it next day.yukkkkkkkkkk !!!!!!!:shock:

dandysmom
18-12-2008, 11:18 PM
Mine have always been indoors only (except childhood cat, mighty hunter), so they only thing they catch/caught were the field mice that come in in Autumn, but they never ate them. Oh, forgot to say Misty was a champion fly catcher and did eat them, yuk!

Tina
18-12-2008, 11:21 PM
Mine have always been indoors only (except childhood cat, mighty hunter), so they only thing they catch/caught were the field mice that come in in Autumn, but they never ate them. Oh, forgot to say Misty was a champion fly catcher and did eat them, yuk!

LOL! Miw's a champion fly catcher too....and she eats them as well.....the bigger the better! Eeeewwww! She was very upset at not being able to catch so many flies this summer though :-( Unfortunately for Miw, Mousie decided she wanted to catch flies as well.....and Mousie is not at all graceful LOL was pretty funny watching her trip up Miw everytime they both went for the same fly! :lol:

angieh
18-12-2008, 11:28 PM
Sorry ..... had to race through this thread ..... rat was OK, glad it was dead. Good for Dylan!

Then someone mentioned the s........ word and I'm afraid I lost it. UUUUUUggggggggHHHHHH

dandysmom
18-12-2008, 11:30 PM
Love that story Tina, can just see it! Bless that poor Miw being foiled!

Phoenix
25-12-2008, 09:13 PM
Dylan brought us a Christmas present this morning, same as last time - the innards of a rat :cat36 (and I'm referring to things like the organs, the intestines etc in case anyone wants to know)

:cat36

dandysmom
25-12-2008, 09:37 PM
Not nice, but look at it this way... better than a live rat!

Phoenix
26-12-2008, 06:03 PM
Not nice, but look at it this way... better than a live rat!

I think I'd have preferred a live rat! Or a dead whole rat! :shock: