PDA

View Full Version : The new Dr Who?

angieh
16-12-2008, 09:05 PM
Has anyone else heard that the new Doctor will be David Morrissey - he will first appear alongside David Tennant in the Christmas Dr Who Special.

If this is true, any opinions yet?

alexgirl73
16-12-2008, 09:28 PM
Now see I think this is a red herring, and I really hope it is 'cause he doesn't appeal to me as the Dr! I think he's a future doctor, but not for years and years to come, iykwim lol! I like the idea of Robert Carlyle myself, who's name I've heard bandied about.

yola
16-12-2008, 10:01 PM
I don't know who David Morrissey is - I'll have to go take a look :oops:

Robert Carlyle would be interesting; a cross between Christopher Eccleston and David Tennant; cute but with a mean edge.

**Edit to say, I've checked and I'm afraid I'm none the wiser; not seen anything he's been in.

Natalie
16-12-2008, 10:23 PM
It's a red herring ;-)

Moli
16-12-2008, 10:23 PM
I just wish David Tennant was staying, he is brilliant as The Doctor....

alexgirl73
16-12-2008, 10:26 PM
I just wish David Tennant was staying, he is brilliant as The Doctor....

I second, third and fourth that Moli lol, doesn't hurt that he is ever so cute;) :lol:

Moli
16-12-2008, 10:27 PM
I second, third and fourth that Moli lol, doesn't hurt that he is ever so cute;) :lol:

He sure is Alex;)

angieh
17-12-2008, 12:22 PM
I want David Tennant to stay too! He's not "traditionally" good looking IMO, but there's definitely something about the boy! Albeit that he's got a bad back and had to withdraw from his role in Hamlet. That's what time travelling does for you - must be a dreadful strain on the joints.

PoshPuss
17-12-2008, 12:37 PM
I should like DT to stay too but if not, then David Morrissey seems to be a good exchange. I think a more 'traditional' Dr Who may be quite a change after the mean and moody Chris Ecclestone and the manic but magnificent DT. ;)