PDA

View Full Version : Milo and Tinkerbell

Erin
16-12-2008, 06:30 PM
As some of you may know, Im having to rehome Milo and Tink and the dogs, as I am not able to find a property to rent that will allow me to have animals :cry:

Well Milo and Tink will be going tomorrow :( the good thing though is that they are going to my brothers and his girlfriend and their 6 month old moggy kitten Maz :) Sarah (my bros girlfriend) has fallen in love with my furr babes so they are going tomorrow. Robin and Sarah have said that if they dont get on then they wont be able to keep them so fingers crossed that they will settle in ok and cats and kitten get along well, Im sure all will be fine once my 2 have settled in properly.

Whilst I am absolutely gutted to be saying bye bye to my little darling, Im happy that they are going to family so I can be kept upto date on how they are. And I know that Sarah will spoil them as much as I have and that they will want for nothing at all. Ill still miss them like crazy though :(

angieh
16-12-2008, 06:52 PM
It's heart-wrenching for you Erin and I do sympathise. So glad that your darlings are going to family members, so you'll be able to see them again. Fingers crossed that they both settle in well with the kitten.

Any luck with finding homes for the dogs?

Mags
16-12-2008, 07:01 PM
Erin, that is sad news :( We know how devoted you are with your pets and this must have been a very hard decision for you. It's great that your brother and girlfriend has offered Milo and Tinkerbell a good home, that must ease you heartache a little, knowing that you will still be able to keep in touch with them.

You've had a very hard year, everything has happened at the wrong time. :(
Your luck will change for the better one day I'm sure.

I hope you will still continue to pop onto Catsey occasionally as you have many friends here who will miss you:)
Take care ((((hugs)))) xx

Moli
16-12-2008, 07:28 PM
So sorry you have to rehome them Erin, but pleased they are going to your brother.....you will be able to see them that way...
Big Hugs....xx

Kazz
16-12-2008, 07:31 PM
That is good news...I am sure they will settle in well they are only really kittens themselves.....

Erin
16-12-2008, 07:33 PM
Angie Choc is going with my dad and as of 5 mins ago Lil is sorted too, she will be going to my moms ex mother in law (a lovely lady) so thats a massive weight off my mind, she will ruin Lil and again Lil will want for nothing.

Its all worked out perfectly because of my wandeful family (well almost perfectly,if it was perfect my animals wouldnt be going anywhere,they would be with me), Ill be able to keep intouch with all of them and have regular updates about how they are all doing.
My brother has just been on the phone all excited, asking about what food they are on so they can get some in and what time Im taking them round :)

Mags,yes it has been a hard year,but many lessons have been learnt and the mistakes Ive made over the last 7 years wont be made again,so it hasnt been a complete waste of 12 months.
And of course Ill still be popping on, Ill still have a certain little Tabby cat that will want to make an apperance every now and then ;)

Im not looking forward to the next few weeks though, saying goodbye to Milo and Tink tomorrow, then Choc and Lil after Christmas :(,but things could be so much worse I suppose,they could be going into a rescue centre. Its just not going to be much of a christmas in this house this year!

calismum
16-12-2008, 07:40 PM
Erin - As you say, at least you will be able to keep in touch and have regular updates. Heartbreaking I'm sure, thankfully I have never been in that type of situation.

So sorry you have to go thru' this.

Kazz
16-12-2008, 07:43 PM
Of course it will be a different Christmas, but thigs will be for the best in the end.

Mags
16-12-2008, 07:58 PM
I hope you'll be able to keep Jerry, he's so gorgeous:D

Moli
16-12-2008, 08:00 PM
So pleased you have managed to home the dogs with family Erin, you know they will be looked after and loved, must be such a relief for you.....Lovely you are managing to keep Jerry too...

angieh
16-12-2008, 08:21 PM
That's good news about Choc and Lil, Erin.

I bet Jerry will find things strange too with his playmates gone. I do so hope that 2009 brings you lots of good things.

Elaine
16-12-2008, 09:59 PM
Breaking my heart for you chum xxx A very sad year indeed but I am pleased you have the animals sorted now as i know how much of a worry that has been for you.
Jerry will keep your spirits up though xxx

yola
16-12-2008, 10:17 PM
I was just going to ask about Jerry. I guess you're keeping him with you? Erin my heart goes out to you - not only has your life had to change dramatically but your beloved cats and dogs are not longer under the same roof as you.

I hope that very soon you are in a position to be able to reunite your family and your true happiness can be restored.

Natalie
16-12-2008, 10:19 PM
AWWW Erin my heart is so sad and low for you and the pain you must be going through. Such a difficult decision but on a positive note at least you will still be able to see them and know they will want for nothing.

BIG HUGS ((((((((((( ))))))))))))

Erin
16-12-2008, 10:46 PM
I told myself I wasnt going to cry,but I come on here and read all your messages and Im in buckets :(

Thankyou all so much for your support,your all great xxx

I just want to say a special thanks to Elaine, Im sure there have been times when you have had better things to do than to listen to me winging on, but your always there to cheer me up, you really are the best Elaine xxx Thanks to DD too for trying to help,but keep her on hold as I may still need her help if things dont work out with Milo and Tink at my brothers.

Thanks again everyone xxxx

Erin
16-12-2008, 10:48 PM
Sorry yes Yola Jerry is staying with me, we are going to risk having him with me at my moms untill I get myself sorted, shes not allowed pets but hopefully wont be for 2 long!!
Angie,Im sure Jerry will be fine,it will take him a while but I think he will love being the only one and being centre of attention all the time xx

Phoenix
17-12-2008, 09:17 PM
Awww sorry to hear you are having to give up Milo, Tink and the others! :(

Erin
17-12-2008, 09:44 PM
Well they are gone :(

Tink amazed me and was first out of the cage,she walked around meowing for about 10 mins then had a good sniff about the living room. Milo on the other hand was a very stressed baby :( he ran behind the sofa and didnt move, just spoke to my brother and hes still hiding :( Milo showed no interest in Maz (the kitten) at all, Tink showed an interest, no hissing or spitting off my 2, but Maz what not at all happy by her 2 new house mates,Ive never heard such noise!!

Im absolutely gutted, cried more the last 3 hours than I have the whole year :( the house feels really strange,empty and quite :(

Jerry doesnt seem at all fazed yet,he was rubbing round my legs meowing for food when I got back in, and is now sprawled out on his bed.

Elaine
17-12-2008, 09:54 PM
Aww such a sad time for you chum xxx
I thought Tink might surprise you, Milo will come round and so will the kitten, given time to adjust and all that.
Big hug to you chum and a chin tickle for Jerry xxx

Elaine
17-12-2008, 09:56 PM
I told myself I wasnt going to cry,but I come on here and read all your messages and Im in buckets :(

Thankyou all so much for your support,your all great xxx

I just want to say a special thanks to Elaine, Im sure there have been times when you have had better things to do than to listen to me winging on, but your always there to cheer me up, you really are the best Elaine xxx Thanks to DD too for trying to help,but keep her on hold as I may still need her help if things dont work out with Milo and Tink at my brothers.

Thanks again everyone xxxx

No need for thanx, thats what friends do for each other xxx

Moli
17-12-2008, 09:58 PM
Sure they will al settle down Erin...Huge virtual Hugs for youxx

angieh
17-12-2008, 10:41 PM
:bighug: from me too Erin xx

Mags
17-12-2008, 10:56 PM
Early days Erin, you know they are with your brother who is someone you can trust, I'm sure he'll do his utmost to make sure Milo feel more confident.

Can you manage another big hug? ;) (((((hugs)))))

yola
17-12-2008, 11:27 PM
Erin, it's a stressful situation for everyone; Milo is probably picking up on your worries and that's making him edgy. There is bound to be some settling in issues - there always is with cats. However in time I'm sure everyone will rub along really well - cats are very adaptable creatures (if my 2 oldies have managed to deal with 3 new cats and 2 small, noisy children over their 12 years it's testament to exactly how maleable they all are).

Please take a (((hug))) from me too; for you and the cats and dogs.

alexgirl73
17-12-2008, 11:42 PM
((((hug)))) from me too Erin xx

random
18-12-2008, 01:42 AM
Oh Erin i'm so sorry, i'm sure they will settle down soon and at least you can always see them when you like, glad they are all going to family and good homes. x

dandysmom
18-12-2008, 03:27 AM
One more (((hug))) here, Erin.....

Kazz
19-12-2008, 07:18 PM
How's it going now then Erin have they all settled down.
Cats are very adaptable, Oz and Cleo lived through numerous house moves, people in out dog children the lot

Elaine
19-12-2008, 07:25 PM
Erin called me yesterday, she was at her brothers and was worried because the cats wouldnt come out of hiding, hadnt eaten or used the litter box. By the time I managed to ring her back they had eaten something.
It will just take a little time for them to adjust, hopefully they were a little less skittish today but it's very early days and i am sure they will be just fine as long as every one remains calm and doesnt stress. xxx

Kazz
19-12-2008, 07:46 PM
Its just all strange tot ehm they will be fine remain calm "don't panic Mr Mannering"