PDA

View Full Version : I lied...

Elaine
15-12-2008, 04:53 PM
A client of mine has the most gorgeous little tabby kitten and a puppy. She called me last night about the puppy and we were just chatting about his progress etc when she mentioned the kitty and that they were going to be letting her go out doors soon. I asked if she was spayed and the answer was no and that they wanted her to have a litter of kittens first:roll: . As you can imagine I had to bite down hard on my bottom lip to keep me from swearing and ranting. I tried to explain that the kitten has no aspirations of parenthood and that there were so many cats/kittens in shelters and rescues as it is so why would any one want to contribute to that sad plight, especially right now when animals are being abandoned and evicted across the country. That didnt seem to have much impact so i then lied and told her that life threatening illness such as FIV and Felv had recently taken a dramatic rise in the Aberdeen area. Just hope she thinks very seriously about it all.

alexgirl73
15-12-2008, 04:56 PM
I would have lied as well Elaine, mind you I probably would have called her irresponsible and lost her as a client lol. So well done you for holding your tongue, I can imagine how difficult that was :p

Elaine
15-12-2008, 04:58 PM
I would have lied as well Elaine, mind you I probably would have called her irresponsible and lost her as a client lol. So well done you for holding your tongue, I can imagine how difficult that was :p

Yeah well... I dont know how I will react if she goes ahead with it:?

angieh
15-12-2008, 05:10 PM
I really don't understand people's attitudes - I would call that a white lie Elaine.

dandysmom
15-12-2008, 05:39 PM
That was a completely justified lie IMO! Congrats on your restraint; must have been hard. Poor kitty!

Moli
15-12-2008, 05:39 PM
Me too Elaine, makes me so dam mad, when there are so many cat/kittens in rescue....I doubt if I could have held my tongue....

Elaine
15-12-2008, 05:46 PM
Well see, I am always in trouble for just blurting out how mad it makes me so i tried to be a little more tactful:?
http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a398/ElainePirie/Misc/kittens_puhleeze.jpg

Phoenix
15-12-2008, 06:11 PM
If you don't mind me asking elaine, but WHY does she want her kitten to have kittens? Does she WANT to be responsible for more unwanted kittens???

If it were up to me people like her wound be obliged to pay for ALL kittens their cats have, right the way through the kittens lives!

Sorry but that sort of thing makes me :evil:

Elaine
15-12-2008, 06:24 PM
If you don't mind me asking elaine, but WHY does she want her kitten to have kittens? Does she WANT to be responsible for more unwanted kittens???

If it were up to me people like her wound be obliged to pay for ALL kittens their cats have, right the way through the kittens lives!

Sorry but that sort of thing makes me :evil:

RCR, I am not really interested in WHY because it's usually the same selfish reason, it has nothing to do with the welfare of their cat and more to do with having more cute kittens. If you had read my post, you would know that my feelings on these things are as passionate as yours are.

kado
15-12-2008, 06:31 PM
Well done too you. When Lucky is old enough he will be done like all my others

Moli
15-12-2008, 06:45 PM
Think we are all passionate about this subject, seeing so many cats/kittens in rescue is heartbreaking enough without people intentionally adding to the problem...........

calismum
15-12-2008, 07:32 PM
Think you did exactly as I would have done. While I love the thought of my cat having a kitten that I would keep, life won't work out like that so - -like all the other responsible people I will get Kinsi spaed when she reaches 6 months.

(btw - she is now 5 months - is it possible she is starting to call? v affectionate, rubbung and tail twitching? - just never had a female kitten do that?)

dandysmom
15-12-2008, 09:09 PM
Misty went in to her first heat at 5 months, CM. Calling, rolling. flirting outrageously with poor neutered Sultan who had no idea what was wrong with her..