PDA

View Full Version : Iams

mumof3
15-12-2008, 01:26 PM
Hi everyone.

Wondered if anyone had any advice on Iams cat food.

My 3 cats recently had a tummy upset and went right off their normal food, (Felix as good as it looks and whiskas biscuits). I tried them on Iams for the first time and they love it (so far!). I know this is a bit more expensive but if they love it and eat it then obviously I will stick with it.

Is it really as good as they claim or does anyone know of a better one ie. more nutritious?

Thanks for your help.

Elaine
15-12-2008, 04:27 PM
I personally stear clear of Iams and Eukenuba because of this...
http://www.uncaged.co.uk/iams.htm

My cats do very well on Royal Canin, have tried others such as Burns, JWB and Orijen but my cats, though not fussy animals when it comes to food, do get fed up with these but always eat the RC.

yola
15-12-2008, 04:56 PM
Very valid link Elaine, I did not know this!

However I too have fed Royal Canin for close on 12 years to all of my cats and, with occasional treats of wet food, human food they have maintained good health, good appetites and good weight overall.

mumof3
15-12-2008, 06:51 PM
Thank you Elaine for that link although it made very harrowing reading. I will check out the Royal Canin and give Iams a miss!

Elaine
15-12-2008, 07:06 PM
Thank you Elaine for that link although it made very harrowing reading. I will check out the Royal Canin and give Iams a miss!

I am sorry, it does make for disturbing reading but better to know than not know what you are contributing towards.:oops: ;)