PDA

View Full Version : Help@ with Leo and his bottom!!!

janey83
15-12-2008, 11:13 AM
Right,
When my bf got Leo he was feeding him wet and dry food Leo started with Diarrhea... So I said do you know what food he was on at the home (he didnt know) So I said just feed him the dry food for a while, then I read somewhere that they can get gallstones?

Anyway, Last night we were puttin his xmas tree up and Leo kept gettin in the way and attacking the tree, so we put him in the kitchen and shut the door. He was only in there for 10 minutes, if that! When we let him out we noticed he had gone 'the toilet' but not in his tray, just on the kitchen floor and it was runny!? He has done this before when he gets shut in a room.

I have some ideas on what it could be, but was just wanting to ask you lot what you think and any ideas on what to do?

Thanks.

dinahsmum
15-12-2008, 01:46 PM
It's not gallstones but urinary stones that people worry about with dry food. I'm unsure as to whether the worry is justified. My boys get wet and dry.

First advice when feeding kittens is to try to avoid chopping and changing, and make any changes gradually.

What I would do in your situation is to just give him small amounts of plain boiled chicken (no skin) or plain boiled white fish (and water of course) for at least 24 hours. Hopefully that'll settle his tum and give his insides time to recover from whatever has upset them.

During that time decide what you are going to feed him from now, and introduce that slowly with the chicken/fish over the next few days. Start 10% new food/90%chicken, then 20/80, then 30/60 then half and half etc etc.

Once he is fully recovered and everything is totally settled (prob January) make sure he has the appropriate womer for a kitten.

Hope he's soon fit and fine.

janey83
15-12-2008, 01:56 PM
Thanks, we'll try that (its been 18 years since Ive had a kitten so its like starting all over again, plus I dont remember my cat havin anythin like this when he was a kitten lol). Leo had his worming tablets a few weeks ago.

dinahsmum
15-12-2008, 02:03 PM
It's a shock to go from oldie to kitten isn't it?
My boys are two and a half now and I reckon it took at least one and a half years before I recovered from the kitten-shock!