PDA

View Full Version : UGG boots

Natalie
12-12-2008, 07:43 AM
Does anyone own a pair and what do you think of them?

I only thought you could wear them with skinny jeans which is something that I certainly cannot wear.
They do look very cosy and comfy though???

yola
12-12-2008, 09:37 AM
Ugg boots look good with chunky tights and short winter skirts aswell . . . however I too can't wear them as I think my thighs are too fat and the overall resulting effect is just huge legs (current saving grace is slim calves and ankles).

But I do see many large girls around town wearing them quite stylishly; it all depends on self-perception, how you carry yourself and what you feel comfortable getting away with.

Natalie
12-12-2008, 09:46 AM
Ugg boots look good with chunky tights and short winter skirts aswell . . . however I too can't wear them as I think my thighs are too fat and the overall resulting effect is just huge legs (current saving grace is slim calves and ankles).

But I do see many large girls around town wearing them quite stylishly; it all depends on self-perception, how you carry yourself and what you feel comfortable getting away with.

I'm not big, size 12/14 but certainly have not the shape for skinny jeans. I hate tights or anything tight on my legs with a passion so skirts unless long ones are a no no.

Back to slimming world for me come January and must start running again.

Are you juicing yet Yola or starting January?

angieh
12-12-2008, 12:36 PM
I've never had a pair because they are so expensive, but I love the fact that they look warm and comfy. I have a very elderly pair of Ecco boots that I wear with extra thick socks atm.

There is a banner at the base of this "Win a Pair of UGG Boots!"!!!!!

(Merlin is crying atm - don't know what he wants - a pair of boots perhaps ..... Puss in Boots?)

Moli
12-12-2008, 02:06 PM
My Sons girlfriend has a pair and they really suit her she wears them with bootcut Jeans..., my legs are too thin, look ridiculous on me though...

yola
12-12-2008, 04:12 PM
Wish I had the problem of my legs being too thin :roll:

I'm not juicing yet Matron; was eyeing up a monster juicer just now in John Lewis. It's the big metal breville one and tbh, the only one I like as all the others are flimsy plastic-looking things. But as usual, the one I like is twice the price of all the others . . . I'll see what OH says; might wait till the sales!!

random
12-12-2008, 10:13 PM
I like them if folded over with the fur showing at the top or you can get ones with pom poms on, I like those, the actual UGG's I just think are a bit dull and not a nice shape.

Yola if you wore a skirt just below the knee, a floaty type with lots of movement (not a clingy pencil type) it gives the effect of slimmer thighs and you could wear chunky tights or black leggings with it and UGG type boots, I usually wear my similar type boots with a winter skirt and leggings.

Also if you wear a top that clings at the waist it detracts from your thighs.

Can you tell I have massive thighs, i'm getting all Gok Wan over them.

Natalie
13-12-2008, 09:42 AM
I have ordered a pair off tinternet. They were half price at 59.99 and then with 15 pounds P&P ontop. They are genuine ones too so thought that was a good buy. Not sure if I'm allowed to post the website on here but PM me if anyone is interested in them. :-)

I shall try and tuck my bootleg jeans into them lol.

CathyW
13-12-2008, 09:51 AM
i love the ugg boots all i could afford was the look a likes. but they where really comfy and warm. seen another pair that i like so maybe LOL
ive got my leather cowboy boots. i wear them with a pair of tight (ish) jeans. they have an elastic bit under the foot,(remember slacks ladies??)
might go in the comp for some ugg boots.