PDA

View Full Version : Tigger's eye...

Tink
09-12-2008, 10:29 PM
(with the inoperable tumor by it), is getting worse. i don't think he can see out of it anymore. despite trying to clean it, it is too "inside out" to do it safely and almost shut completely so he is pretty much using one eye these days.
my mother asked me if he will be here for the holidays to enjoy a present but i don't honestly know:(
i am preparing myself for the worst but still conflicted as ever as he is still eating and having fits of meowing for attention and enjoying playing with water so i'm trying to see what happens naturally.
i'm starting to feel guilty for pilling him as it almost seems pointless now but scared not to. he is just making it such a scene now to be pilled when he used to swallow them no problem i can't help but wonder if he's trying to tell me something.
trying to stay positive..just thought i'd update you all.
mother told me vet gave him prognosis in march of one to six months and it has been nine months since i've had him.

Mags
09-12-2008, 10:44 PM
You will know when the time has come Tink ........ it isn't in you to see any animal suffer. He is still eating and making attempts to play and enjoying the love and attention you are giving him.

You are right to prepare yourself for the worst, every day now is a bonus ...... keep talking to him, cuddle him if he'll let you....he'll let you know when he's had enough.

In the short time you've had him, you've given him enough love to last a lifetime. ((((hugs))))

dandysmom
09-12-2008, 11:12 PM
I can't say it any better than Mags did. (((hugs)))

yola
09-12-2008, 11:56 PM
Mags, that's a lovely response and I echo every word. Tigger is in the best hands - your love for your animals is clear to see and you will not let one of them suffer.

Natalie
10-12-2008, 12:17 AM
I too echo what Mags said. You WILL know when the time is right to say goodbye. Deciding is harder than the actual act.

Tigger seems to be hanging on in there so enjoy some quality while you can.

Big hugs xxx

angieh
10-12-2008, 11:31 AM
I too echo what Mags has said so eloquently Tink. I am sure that you'll know in your heart when the time has come for Tigger - it is hard. We all appreciate what you're going through with him. ((((HUGS))))