PDA

View Full Version : Fluffy black & white cat

Tanya
09-12-2008, 09:07 PM
When driving back from work this evening, I noticed a cat lay on the opposite side of the road. I pulled over and realised that the cat was dead. Blood and brains everywhere. I went into the shop opposite and told them that there was a cat lay in the road and i needed a bag to pick it up. The cheeky sods told me they didnt have a bag!! Its a shop! How thick do they think I am?!

So then I asked two work men in their van if they had anything I could pick the cat up with. They had a big work van, but guess what?! They too didnt have a bag, cloth, work gloves, anything.

By this time I am getting really concerned that the cat is going to get squashed some more. So, I run back to my car, empty the bag in my boot and then rip the bag to make it bigger, before picking the cat up. The workmen actually watched my back to make sure that I didnt get knocked down! This took some persuading. The cat still felt warm and he/she was really floppy in my hands.

I lay him/her on the side of the pavement and knocked on the nearest door, only to find another lovely member of the public. NOT.

I left the cat alone on the pavement and hope the shop keepers and the man in the house pass on my concerns, should the owner come to look for their cat.

I HATE living in the city!! If this had happened back home, then the cat would have been picked up before being left to be squashed some more. I feel so sorry for the poor baby and its owners. I would be devestated.

He/she was black and white, fluffy and very silky looking. Im sure that he/she was once a much loved pet. I just hope the owners find him/her so that he can be laid to rest.

RIP little (actually rather big) black and white cat. xx

Mags
09-12-2008, 09:22 PM
How sad that no-one could offer you any help with this poor cat, Tanya :( Thank goodness you were kind enough to move him/her away from further traffic...

RIP dear cat ......x

Natalie
09-12-2008, 09:54 PM
RIP little one....Thank you Tanya for showing compassion and dignity to puss.

dandysmom
09-12-2008, 10:29 PM
Bless you, Tanya, ! What insensitive people you unfortunately ran into. RIP, fluffy cat.

Moli
09-12-2008, 11:02 PM
Bless you Tanya for caring..
Rip little one...x

yola
09-12-2008, 11:45 PM
So sorry to be reading this - what a good and kind thing it is you did Tanya. I hope the cats owners are reunited with her this one last time. It's horrible but better to know that not to know. Sleep tight puss :cry:

kado
10-12-2008, 01:42 PM
R I P little one. I'm glad you came along and gave the poor kitty some dignity.

janeX

angieh
10-12-2008, 01:48 PM
What a sad story - bless you Tanya and sleep sweetly fluffy cat.

janey83
10-12-2008, 02:44 PM
So sad. Glad you did what you did. R.I.P Kitty.xxx.