PDA

View Full Version : Daily thread; Monday

dinahsmum
08-12-2008, 10:01 AM
Good morning from our frosty winter wonderland! There was a beautiful pink candy-striped sunrise but, sadly, lots of cloud too, so we won't be as bright and crisp as we were yesterday. The frost didn't lift all day yesterday though - the roads were quite treacherous.
My washing load is nearly finished, I've got stuff ready to do in town and I suppose I'll go and have another look round Woolies - even though I feel a bit like a grave-robber! I'll go to the butcher with my xmas order, now my family have finally made their minds up what they are going to do and who is going where, when!
Hope evryone had a good day - keep warm

yola
08-12-2008, 10:32 AM
Well, all equillibrium restored; we're back and work and the boys are back at school. I have loads to get through today so jut a flying visit here for now.

This afternoon Dominik is taking part in his school's Christmas service at the Falklands Memorial Chapel in Pangbourne college, so we're going to go over for that. It's only a couple of minutes from the office. We went last year and it was a very moving service in a lovely location.

Tink
08-12-2008, 10:48 AM
1:45 am here..just got the boys (ferrets) to go to bed.
kuan yin is hogging the computer chair napping and i do need to get to bed as i have a neurology appt in the afternoon (migraines and sleep difficulty). then i'll head out to the store and pick up some items, get the kids wood pellets for litter from the feed shop, and back home to clean.
will *hopefully* be in sleepyland for the next eight hours or so, LOL.
have a good day, all! :-)

janey83
08-12-2008, 11:10 AM
hi all, Ihave a hangover!!! not good! My works xmas do was lastnight. im never drinkin again!

Its cloudy here, not sure if its cold as I aint been out yet. Im just gonna stay in today.

PoshPuss
08-12-2008, 01:08 PM
I had a frosty call out to a birth last night, beautiful little girl! Today I've been to Next and Argos getting wee gifts for little people :). Going to see grandson Tom in his school play at 1:30, it's a Abba adaptation of Cinderella :D sounds like a great laff :lol:
Off to work tonight more night shifts... they're killing me slowly :roll:

dandysmom
08-12-2008, 05:37 PM
Greetings from frigid Washington...Winter has really set in, it's -4C now, and the sun which was supposed to be shining isn't! I can imagine my American friends here from colder climes, Tink and HappyKatz laughing at us effete Easterners!! But it is SO COLD! Unseasonable. Oh well...finally did Xmas cards last night and mailed this morning on the way to the market. Nothing to report, Leia has not asked for the porch door to be opened once...smart puss!

Tink: good luck with appointments this afternoon; hope they can help you ..
Yola: service sounds lovely: enjoy!

STAY WARM !!!!!

angieh
08-12-2008, 05:44 PM
Late afternoon all! It's completely dark out and feels later than it is I guess. We were like you yesterday, dinahsmum - the frost didn't go at all on our neighbour's roof or on our front drive. Think the weather forecast says it will be getting wetter and a bit warmer during the week.

I had to go to the dentist today for a check up - luckily all is well and I don't have to go for another 6 months. However, the practice I go to now does not make 6 monthly appointments any more - you have to remember to phone up and book your next appointment a month before it's due! Talk about not encouraging people to attend the dentist regularly. Just another sign of the times I think.

I must do my Christmas cards this week. Apart from people that I see or "speak to" regularly, like you (!) I find Christmas cards very hard - and when I receive a card I breathe a sigh of relief and think "They've made it through another year". I've got to that time in life when life seems tenuous. HOW MANY CARDS DO YOU ALL SEND OUT? I've guestimated at over 70 this year. (Oh, and do you do it alone or with help from partners/spouses?) I do my labels on the pc - saves a bit of writing!

Keep warm people!

dandysmom
08-12-2008, 05:59 PM
My list is down to about 50; unfortunately at my age friends have died, so list grows shorter every year. :( And no help. Leia does wrapping, but not cards! :-D

Tink
08-12-2008, 07:10 PM
My list is down to about 50; unfortunately at my age friends have died, so list grows shorter every year. :( And no help. Leia does wrapping, but not cards! :-D

you mean she doesn't help you by batting at the pen?
oh and it's 42 degrees here and the sun might pop out or peek a little at us so not too bad here;)

Kazz
08-12-2008, 07:19 PM

But we lot here keep increasing Eileen.....:-D

kado
08-12-2008, 07:32 PM
Nothing much planned apart from looking after my youngest daughter who's not very well at all. Probaly watch tv and pop in and out of catsey.

Natalie
08-12-2008, 08:00 PM
Been to work, had drama with Merlin but all ok now poor thing. Millie has come home with nits for the second time in 4 days, I could scream!!!!!! Noticed at 5.50 when I couldn't get to the nearest chemist and asda had sold out. Hubby is now on a mission to find some beastie blitzer stuff on his way home from work and I have to keep up a very tired girl to sort her hair out before bed. Its costing me a fortune!!!

On the plus side, I have been to get a wee bed and our Bess is coming to her forever home tomorrow :-)

dandysmom
08-12-2008, 09:15 PM
No, Tink, no pen batting, nor does she sit on the cards while I'm trying to write in them (unlike some other nameless cats who will go unmentioned!) No help whatsoever!

Kazz, that's true...my Catsey card list is almost as long as my friends/former co-workers/neighbors list!