PDA

View Full Version : Old gentleman in hospital

Phoenix
05-12-2008, 09:39 PM
I can't go into details but an old gentleman down our road has had to go into hospital. He can't see very well and I have heard his kidneys mentioned, something wrong with them.

Sounds like he won't be returning :(

dandysmom
05-12-2008, 10:00 PM
I hope you're mistaken and that he'll be up and around before long....

Phoenix
06-12-2008, 07:39 PM
He's over 90 years old, so to be honest I doubt it.

CathyW
06-12-2008, 08:30 PM
hope hes ok.
one of our neighbors passed away last week. but he was a total misery to everyone. i dont think hes going to be missed. sad to say, but he was very rude to us and alot of others. and all i said was u have a lovely garden. put me in my place.
but its his wife who will need the support i think he was one of those that did everything. but maybe we will see her out n about more often. dont think he liked her going out too much.
but im sure your neighbour is a nice man so heres hoping hes ok.

dandysmom
06-12-2008, 08:58 PM
Poor wife, going to be hard on her if he was one of those domineering men. Hope she has a circle of friends for support ......

RCR, some people in their nineties are in pretty good shape: my paternal grandma and all my aunts lived well into their nineties...hope I do too!

Phoenix
07-12-2008, 09:58 PM
Poor wife, going to be hard on her if he was one of those domineering men. Hope she has a circle of friends for support ......

RCR, some people in their nineties are in pretty good shape: my paternal grandma and all my aunts lived well into their nineties...hope I do too!

Well, to be honest he's got to the point where he can't see very well and needs a lot of care, he has carers go round every day and neighbours visit him to see if he needs anything (us included). I don't want to talk in the past tense if there's a chance he'll come back.

CathyW
07-12-2008, 11:32 PM
some times the old person just gets so tired and just wants to go and meet their friends and family.