PDA

View Full Version : Nails...

Moli
04-12-2008, 08:21 PM
I went into a nail bar today to get cuticle softner and top coat, and while I was there the girl asked me if I needed my nails filling!:shock: Did not have a clue what she was on about until she explained, it was a place where people go to get false nails, and seemingly you need o get them filled every now and then, she was surprised when I told her my long nails are my own:roll:

dandysmom
04-12-2008, 09:04 PM
Interesting. I only wore false nails once...or a false nail. The time I slammed a file drawer on my little finger and the nail came off; looked so weird while it was growing back I used one. Didn't much like it.

Do you have problems typing, Moli?

Moli
04-12-2008, 09:13 PM
Not typing DM, but do sometimes trying to pick things up...:roll:

yola
04-12-2008, 11:43 PM
I don't have false nails, but I have 'gel nails' which is a protein overlay on my own nails which is rock-hard. Every 3 weeks I need to get them 'filled' as they grow out and look a little odd - especially if I have colour like now (very, very dark purple).

I have incredibly weak nails and have never been able to grow them so this is the only way I can ever have lovely long nails.

Moli
04-12-2008, 11:57 PM
I don't have false nails, but I have 'gel nails' which is a protein overlay on my own nails which is rock-hard. Every 3 weeks I need to get them 'filled' as they grow out and look a little odd - especially if I have colour like now (very, very dark purple).

I have incredibly weak nails and have never been able to grow them so this is the only way I can ever have lovely long nails.

Thanks Yola, thats what she was on about....:D

Natalie
05-12-2008, 07:07 AM
I have only ever had false nails once and that was for my wedding (2nd one) I couldn't do a thing in them and had to have them soaked off a few days later.

In my job, I can't have long nails due to potential injury to a patient and they would never grow long enough due to the constant washing. The skin on my hands is similar to a Rhino!!!