PDA

View Full Version : Dog shampoo

Natalie
04-12-2008, 09:44 AM
Can anyone suggest a good dog shampoo that they like?

I have never been totally happy with ones I have used in the past with Milo and he appears to smell doggy again by the next day. This maybe normal for Milo but I'm wanting to try something new.

Help?

Kazz
04-12-2008, 11:47 AM
If I bath Sal I use Johnsons baby shampoo.....little shampoo lots of water.....not sure about that with her being 1/2 poodle don't they need a special shampoo due to having a coat that does not shed as such?

Moli
04-12-2008, 02:14 PM
I am the same as Kazz, only ever use Baby Shampoo on my girls...

random
04-12-2008, 04:42 PM
Here is the ones I always use, I often bath and grrom other peoples dogs too and the sprays smell lovely and last a while and everyone says they smell lovely when they get them back!

http://www.groomerssupplies.com/index.php?topic=cat&cid=1

Natalie
04-12-2008, 06:34 PM
Thanks for the tips girls.

I haven't used baby shampoo for a while now. The GP told me not to use it on Poppy as it was the worst thing for sensitive skin as it wasn't ph balanced? Shock!! I therefore won't have it in the house now and won't use it on milo. Johnsons has never suited my girls and gives me a rash too lol. It does however suit many people and dogs alike.
Will have a browse at the weekend as Milo is due for his pre Christmas beautifcation :-)

Erin
04-12-2008, 06:56 PM
I always use Baby shampoo on mine,infact the vet nurse reccomended I used it on Lil because she has sensitive skin,she always smells soooooo delicious after,I could just much all day :lol:

Kim
04-12-2008, 08:36 PM
I use Four Paws MagicCoat, Fresh essence, it smells gorgoeus - like almonds, They do a shampoo and conditioner and I use both. It comes in a lilac bottle.