PDA

View Full Version : Auto feeders

mattde
02-12-2008, 11:02 AM
Does anyone use auto feeders??

I've been looking at the Cat Mate Auto Feeder Cat C10

This will only be used for the 7:00 wet food meal to try and stop them waking me up early and scratching at the door.

:)

yola
02-12-2008, 12:27 PM
I don't use auto feeders, no. But would be interested to know if they work for children that wake you up at 6am :shock: ;) :shock:

I know others here use auto feeders with much success.

Kim
02-12-2008, 03:46 PM
We have used an auto feeder for some years, only if we are going out for a long day or even overnight, not used them on a regular basis, but can't see why not. Ours is a Cat Mate too.

mattde
02-12-2008, 04:04 PM
I don't use auto feeders, no. But would be interested to know if they work for children that wake you up at 6am :shock: ;) :shock:

well at least the children don't claw up the carpet trying to get in the room.
Be nice to have the option to lock the fridge hay.

mattde
02-12-2008, 04:05 PM
We have used an auto feeder for some years, only if we are going out for a long day or even overnight, not used them on a regular basis, but can't see why not. Ours is a Cat Mate too.

think I'm going to get one, the cat mate ones look like they will do the job.

Tina
03-12-2008, 02:52 AM

I think you should invent an auto children-feeder! What a brilliant concept that would be! Really just needs to be 2 compartments, one for cereal and one for milk......let them figure out how to put the 2 together on their own LOL! I really don't miss those days of being woken at 6am by a hungry child LOL my boy is 17 now and if he was to wake me to get his breakfast.......he'd be VERY sorry LOL! :lol:

mattde
04-12-2008, 02:27 PM
Just had a Cat mate c50 delivered for £24.99, £46 in the shops.
I will give it a test with my cats and keep you updated.

Mags
04-12-2008, 03:09 PM
Just had a Cat mate c50 delivered for £24.99, £46 in the shops.
I will give it a test with my cats and keep you updated.

Sounds good Matt, we'll be interested to hear how Myrtle and Marmalade get on with it....:D

Cool Cat Emma
03-06-2009, 09:59 PM
I think your cat will have breakfast and then claw at your carpet afterwards - feed but wants attention... I know them only to well! Good Luck though!

pcspik
05-06-2009, 08:03 PM
I have got two.

I have this one

http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/0350358/Trail/searchtext%3EFEEDER.htm

and this one

http://www.petsathome.com/find/keyword-is-feeder/product-is-906

I recommend the first one, even though it is more expensive. The only disadvantage is with the second is that you have to set it at the hour. So as in your case you are setting it at 7 am because the timer is only divided at hourly invertals, you cant set it at 6.30 pm. Otherwise it would go off at 6.30 am!

Also the second one you have to set it every single day. Although the first one is harder to set up initially, it is much easier to set once you get the hang of it, and also you dont have to worry about whether it is 2 pm or not! This is because you can set it to the exact minute and the exact day you want it to go off. It also has a low battery indicator.

The only disadvantage I can find with is, is that there is no way of keeping the food cold. There is a freezeable reusable ice block included with the second (and no room for one in the first). As I feed mainly dry food (and certainly in the morning) it is not a problem, but could be for you, particularly in warm weather.

In our Cats Protection we have had several of these type donated

http://www.petsathome.com/find/keyword-is-feeder/product-is-913

I would not recommend them as nobody has been able to set it properly! It's very complicated!