PDA

View Full Version : i dont believe these 2 boys

CathyW
01-12-2008, 10:25 AM
i was doing a roast chicken for dinner, and there they where doing the dance of the starving cat,in and out of my legs. so i save them lots of chicken. all the dark meat. put it down for their tea and what happens ???? i get up this morning and its still there!!! fussy cats. they have turned their noses up at salmon.tuna.trout.cod.haddock. now chicken. but ronnie loves going through the bins to find the chicken carcasses :roll:
and cat food well i dread doing the weekly shop u can bet that what they enjoyed a few weeks ago they wont like today.
what can i do with them??? anyone want a pair of fussy boys LOL

mattde
01-12-2008, 10:50 AM
LOL that's funny. Maybe they want you to hand feed them while you eat your dinner.
fussy boys :-)

janey83
01-12-2008, 11:44 AM
Lol typical. Was the chicken cold when you gave it to them, that might be why lol

dinahsmum
01-12-2008, 01:07 PM
They want to sit at the table with you, like DM's Leia!

angieh
01-12-2008, 01:31 PM
It's fairly reassuring to know that it's not only very elderly cats who are such fussy eaters!

dandysmom
01-12-2008, 05:56 PM
There's no hope, BM! Leia keeps going off stuff she used to like ...I'm running out of things to feed her!

Natalie
01-12-2008, 06:35 PM
I have never had fussy cats but can imaging what a headache it would cause.

No help I'm afraid :-(

Moli
01-12-2008, 06:47 PM
My boys thankfully are not fussy either, don't know what to suggest BM, maybe fillet steak!!:roll: :lol:

yola
01-12-2008, 07:13 PM
Put the chicken in some water and then warm it in the nicrowave for a bit so the water takes on the flavour of the chicken and the chicken gets moistened by the water.

I worked for me when my lot got fussy but eventually even that stopped with whole bowls of freshly boiled fish being left untouched.

cats' staff
01-12-2008, 08:59 PM
Why is it that their absolute favourite food on Monday is abhorrent to them by Wednesday! Madam has the 'you expect me to eat THAT' look down to a fine art!

dandysmom
01-12-2008, 09:00 PM
They want to sit at the table with you, like DM's Leia!

Actually, we dine at different times! :-D I got into the habit of always feeding the cats dinner first so they wouldn't pester me while I was eating...especially the boys! Didn't always work, but most of the time it did. Leia has her dinner before I do......:D

angieh
01-12-2008, 09:24 PM
You know those boxes of mixed sachets you can buy - Felix, Whiskas etc.? I think we should set up an exchange, as Merlin's absolute favourite is Felix supermeat salmon - he turns his nose up at the tuna, chicken and rabbit ..... sometimes! Anyone want to swop?

dandysmom
01-12-2008, 09:43 PM
I'd say yes in a minute if I weren't too far away to ship tins! Ms. Picky doesn't like pouches..

CathyW
02-12-2008, 10:10 AM
mine like the pouches and the little foil containers. but im buy at least 4 a week works out expensive. got when i was a kid our cat had a tin of kiti-kat (if he was lucky) and told to hunt for mice.
ive got a pic of him (tiddles was his name) and if i can get charlie to scan it ill show u it. but i think its glued into an album.
if u have a lot of pouches left over that your cat wont eat try putting it on freecycle. some one will come n collect it. ive done that b4.

angieh
02-12-2008, 03:46 PM
Thanks - I do actually tend to put them in the cat rescue charity box at Pets@Home. And our vet has a collection for our local rescue in the weeks up to Xmas. Don't worry, I never just chuck them, unless opened of course.

Do you remember a while ago boys mum, suggesting that someone needs to make a tasty cat-friendly gravy and sell it as "Fussy F*****s"! I told my OH about that and he keeps reminding me about it and saying what a good idea it would be! Fancy going into business?????

dandysmom
02-12-2008, 05:21 PM
If you do, put me on the mailing list!!

CathyW
02-12-2008, 07:57 PM
Thanks - I do actually tend to put them in the cat rescue charity box at Pets@Home. And our vet has a collection for our local rescue in the weeks up to Xmas. Don't worry, I never just chuck them, unless opened of course.

Do you remember a while ago boys mum, suggesting that someone needs to make a tasty cat-friendly gravy and sell it as "Fussy F*****s"! I told my OH about that and he keeps reminding me about it and saying what a good idea it would be! Fancy going into business?????and mine can be the official tasters if they like it any cat will like it :)