PDA

View Full Version : Rescues..

Moli
30-11-2008, 04:50 PM
I have been looking on the rescue sites here, and the problem seems just as bad as in the UK....:(

alexgirl73
30-11-2008, 05:03 PM
It's a worldwide problem Moli, pets are seen as a disposable commodity!

Moli
30-11-2008, 05:05 PM
Its all kinds too.....

dandysmom
30-11-2008, 05:42 PM
It's so sad. My next cat will definitely be a rescue...unless a cat finds me, as Misty did.

Phoenix
30-11-2008, 05:56 PM
So far I've only had rescues. I wouldn't have it any other way! Well, rescues deserve homes just as much as any other cat, so in my opinion it's fairer to get a rescue, unless a stray cat claims you.

Tina
30-11-2008, 06:22 PM
I'll definately get a rescue cat next time around too!

We almost had a beautiful rescue cat, a 3-legged boy before we got Mousie, but then he went to a different home with a senior lady who was home all day and had no other cats.......so probably best for him anyway! We see it as a bit of fate that he went to someone else, as if we had got him, we never would have gotten our angel Mousie.....and who knows where she'd be now if we didn't have her.

But definately a rescue cat next time around......maybe if Mousie gets well and her immune system straightens out, we could chance having a 3rd cat!

calismum
30-11-2008, 06:29 PM
There are so many needy cats and kittens out there. Only my first cat was a planned buy. The rest have all arrived without me going looking for another cat.

angieh
30-11-2008, 07:34 PM
Neither Merlin nor Smudge came from a rescue, but Merlin was bought into my place of work and was "rescued" from there by me and Smudge came to me herself. I would certainly go to a rescue if I wanted another cat - unless one found me first!