PDA

View Full Version : Ideas for Christmas Presents

Phoenix
29-11-2008, 10:08 PM
I've got a few Christmas presents left to get. At the moment I'm stuck for ideas for Dylan.

At the moment I've seen some cat stockings BUT the problem with them is they have got fishy treats in. Dylan says he doesn't like fishy things.

He loves catnip, plays with his catnip toys a lot (in fact we have had to throw one away recently because Dylan completely disembowelled it), he loves cat milk (although isn't overly impressed with cows milk), he's convinced he's going to like banana milkshake (not given him any) and he likes turkey and doesn't mind chicken. Sometimes. We are still learning what he likes, though.

Any ideas for what to get him? I've decided to make him up a stocking of treats and toys, bit stuck for ideas on what to put in the stocking apart from a new catnip mouse (he's dangerously close to disembowelling the one he's got)

Thanks in advance for all suggestions! :-D SHHH Don't tell Dylan what he's getting though :oops:

dandysmom
29-11-2008, 11:22 PM
Ping pong ball? Fuzzy ball? Bag of dried really potent catnip? Feather on a string thingy...a bit large to fit in a stocking ......

Tina
30-11-2008, 04:00 AM
My mum sends Miw and Mouse the most wonderful "pompom" balls every year, the cats LOVE them because they have crinkly bits on them and they make a wonderful noise! Unfortunately, I haven't seen any over here as yet......my mum sends them from Canada. Our cats also ADORE their catnip toys......however, I make them myself. Easy to make a fish shape and fill it with JUST CATNIP no other stuffing of any kind.....drives the cats wild and they can even smell through any wrapping paper and will try to open the gift LOL! Just a warning if you decide to do something like that......once they're made, seal them in a platic bag or Dylan will find them before Christmas! :-D

CathyW
30-11-2008, 11:14 AM
i bought my boys a bottle of cat nip which i spray on varios things ronnie goes wild so funny to watch.
or how about a lazer pointer. my 2 loved it.kept me amused for hours LOL see them 2 trying to climb the walls ect to get to the little dot. but word of advice if u get one dont ever leave the tv on standby or you have a cat just sit there watching the red dot ROFL

Phoenix
30-11-2008, 05:54 PM
I could get him a catnip spray bottle and some non catnip toys, then use the spray on them ...

Thanks for all the suggestions everyone!

*thinking*

Phoenix
01-12-2008, 09:51 PM
I could get:

The catnip spray
A couple more toys
Cat milk (which he loves)

Run out of ideas though. Trying to think of what treats he could have (non fishy ones though)

dandysmom
01-12-2008, 10:03 PM
Real pate? My Sultan loved it, and a friend always gave him his very own small tin every Christmas...domestic, not the imported!

Phoenix
01-12-2008, 10:12 PM
Beauty loved pate, but I'm not sure if Dylan would enjoy it or not (he's undecided as to whether or not he likes the new wet food we have started him on)