PDA

View Full Version : Cats, cows milk and cheese

dandysmom
27-11-2008, 05:29 PM
I was wondering if there is a link between adult cats who aren't lactose intolerant and drink cows milk and their fondness for cheese. It's a limited sample, but of all my cats, three drank cows milk as adults and adored cheese,,,especially Misty, who would kill for some cheddar. The other four who didn't like milk either would never eat it, or only the rare occasional nibble. Has anyone else noticed this, or is it just a coincidence? Would be interesting to hear your opinions....

Elaine
27-11-2008, 06:41 PM
Hmmm I wonder....
Winston was partial to a little cows milk and loved his cheese.
Bernie loves cheese and G always leaves him a little milk from his cereal to lap.
Eva, ofcourse, wouldnt dream of eating cheese or drinking milk but is partial to the odd prawn or six:lol:

angieh
27-11-2008, 08:07 PM
Merlin, like Bernie, has a little milk left over from my cereal bowl. Sometimes he asks for some milk - but only occasionally. He likes yoghurt, both plain and fruity, and loves a bit of cheese.

Smudge rarely ate any "human" food, but loved the odd prawn too!

Smudge had 3 kittens - one of which was lactose intolerant.

Sorry - very small sample.

dandysmom
27-11-2008, 08:48 PM
Interesting! With the exception of my childhood cat (we never had shrimp when I was growing up). all but Leia adored shrimp; Su-ling once stole and ate some very cleverly!

Phoenix
27-11-2008, 09:09 PM
Beauty loved milk and would accept a tiny bit of cheese every now and again, Dylan doesn't like cows milk but loves cat milk and doesn't mind cheese, Mum's girl Smudge I can't say about because I can't remember what she liked and disliked (too young to remember)

dandysmom
27-11-2008, 11:59 PM
Any one else notice a link between milk drinkers and cheese lovers?

truthisouthere
28-11-2008, 04:14 PM
Yes, Mitzi loves milk and most cheeses and can't wait for me to finish a bowl of cereal, even if it's only soya milk (but it does make her more 'runny' than usual), whereas my Birman boy turns his nose up at cheese and milk, but loves his seafood! :)

truthisouthere
28-11-2008, 04:16 PM
Sorry dandysmom, just realised you wanted a link between milk etc and those that AREN'T lactose intolerant, think my Mitzi may be.

dandysmom
28-11-2008, 05:16 PM
Hey, Truth, any comments welcome; was just wondering if mine are an exception or if there is a connection between liking/tolerating milk and liking cheese.

Moli
28-11-2008, 11:44 PM
My Leo loves cows milk and would kill for a piece of cheese....Oliver loves cows milk, but does not like cheese, Casper loves cheese, but not cows milk!!

angieh
28-11-2008, 11:48 PM
Moli's cats! Still there are always exceptions to every rule Eileen.

Moli
28-11-2008, 11:49 PM
But there again, Casper would eat curry if I let him!

calismum
03-12-2008, 07:16 PM
Just found this post. Interesting, never thought about it before.

I've had 10 cats. One did not take milk but would eat cheese with no ill effects so I assume that was just a personal preference. One was intolerant and did not take cheese (I never made that link) The rest all took milk and all took cheese when offered, some more than others.

What an interesting question tho'