PDA

View Full Version : Snowball isn't afraid anymore!

HappyKatz
26-11-2008, 06:14 PM
We adopted our boy Snowball 6 years ago. He used to live with a girl and apparently the boyfriend was abusive to him & we believe he made her give him up because he didn't like cats. (Lucky for us of course!!) We do not know to what extent he was abused but we could tell something was done to him due to his extreme fear of plastic bags. :cat9

When we first brought him home, he was terrified of all plastic bags. He would hide or run away whenever we would open a plastic bag or open a garbage bag. It took this many years & lots of positive reinforcement for him to stop being so scared of them. Snowball says "Plastic bags? What plastic bags?" Now he doesn't even take a second look. :cat10

It is so wonderful how a cat can heal from their previous home. Snowball knows abuse doesn't exist here. Now what exists is unlimited happiness & love! :smt049
I had to share! This is a very happy kitty moment for him & us :cat27

Heres our happy boy :-D Not afraid anymore!! :pom
http://i232.photobucket.com/albums/ee273/Katz4Life/OurCats596.jpg

angieh
26-11-2008, 06:29 PM
I am very glad Snowball is no longer afraid. You've done wonders HappyKatz and it has taken you all that time to rehabilitate him - well done for your patience. I know that you love all your lucky happy cats!

HappyKatz
26-11-2008, 06:52 PM
I am very glad Snowball is no longer afraid. You've done wonders HappyKatz and it has taken you all that time to rehabilitate him - well done for your patience. I know that you love all your lucky happy cats!

Thank you for your kind works angie :-D It is a wonderful feeling to rehabilitate a cat that really needed it...We are so happy he isn't afraid anymore :cat10

Mags
26-11-2008, 06:57 PM
Well done HappyKatz, just goes to show what time and patience can do...:D

Moli
26-11-2008, 07:26 PM
Thanks to your love and understanding he now has the home he deserves...He is such a gorgeous boy!

HappyKatz
26-11-2008, 07:39 PM
Well done HappyKatz, just goes to show what time and patience can do...:D

Thank you for your thoughtful words Mags :-D It is true what time & patience can really do!

Thanks to you love and understanding he now has the home he deserves...He is such a gorgeous boy!

Thank you for your nice words Moli :) Cats are so wonderful - they deserve all the love in the world. :smt049

Phoenix
26-11-2008, 08:10 PM
Well Done HappyKatz for all the hard work you and your husband put in! :-D You really have worked wonders for your handsome boy! :-D

Dylan sends purrs to both you and your husband, and also all nine of your beauties! :-D

HappyKatz
26-11-2008, 08:32 PM
Well Done HappyKatz for all the hard work you and your husband put in! :-D You really have worked wonders for your handsome boy! :-D

Dylan sends purrs to both you and your husband, and also all nine of your beauties! :-D

Aww RCR you are so sweet! Thank you for your thoughtful words :-D Snowball gets us all teary eyed when he doesn't get terrified by plastic bags. Its a big step for a big kitty! :cat10

dandysmom
26-11-2008, 11:29 PM
How could anyone possibly abuse such a lovely boy?! You must be so pleased that your love and patience has finally made him able to get over his awful earlier life and know nothing but care and love. Give him a cuddle from me, please!

Elaine
27-11-2008, 10:09 AM
Snowball is gorgeous and I am pleased to hear he has become less fearful xxx
Eva has a big fear of plastic/carrier bags, dont know why but she hates the rustling noise.