PDA

View Full Version : Lost kitten?

kado
26-11-2008, 02:01 PM
A neighbour has just come to our door and asked me about a little black and white kitten that she has seen in her garden. How she descibes it sounds like its only about 4wks+ she is afraid to could get hurt by a dog. We couldnt find it have you any ideas how to we can catch it. If i can catch it i dont think i would be able to keep it so i will have to find a rehoming center for it. Oh would just have too lump it.

jane

Moli
26-11-2008, 02:19 PM
Hope you manage to find it Jane.....try putting some food out and keeping an eye out for it....
Why do i get the impression if you do find it, it may just stay!!;)

angieh
26-11-2008, 02:41 PM
Oh poor little thing - hope you manage to find and catch it Jane. Let us know won't you?

kado
26-11-2008, 02:51 PM
I found it after a chase it looks likes its about 6wks very frieghtend. Its eating now and i think your could be right moli the kitten is probaly staying the kids will not let it go and its already got a name Lucky. Let you all know later on how it gets on. I am taking it too vets tomorrow or saturday morning my son is paying for it to be seen and also all the food as well.

jane and an ever expanding managerer(spelt wrong but you know what you mean)

dinahsmum
26-11-2008, 02:57 PM
Well, it must belong to someone!
You ought to take steps to find out where it's come from.
Your kids may be delighted - someone else's may be heartbroken.
Please don't just say "I found it; it's mine"
Could well be that it will end up with you - but find out where it came from first

kado
26-11-2008, 03:17 PM
I am going to put an advert up in the shop where everybody goes they also know about it as well as the person who told me about it works there. I think it came from a litter of three as others have been seen as well. I know the if the owner comes and claims the kitten i will give it back but the curcumstances of where it was found and how it was also very hungry as well i somehow dont think it is anybodys. I know i will have to take it too the vet to make sure its healthy i would do that anyway. Its getting cold and with it snowing on saturday i couldnt bear the fought of it freezing out there as it is so so tiny. There is also no adverts beign put up in either shop in the villiage if it was wanted i think there would have being.

jane

Moli
26-11-2008, 04:30 PM
Pleased you have managed to catch the poor little mite....

kado
26-11-2008, 04:47 PM
I have asked around at the school and they are going to put a notice up. I also ask a church verger and a local police woman and they havent heard anything about a missing cat either. I am taking it to the vets in morning to be checked over and deflead as well. I also asked if i could bath the kitten as it is very muddy they advised in kitten shampoo a friend is picking one some up for me. It eyes looks very clear which i am pleased about. It looks like its beign outside for quiet a long while though.

jane

angieh
26-11-2008, 06:00 PM
Poor sweetheart - at least it will be warm, safe and well fed tonight. Hope if it has brothers and sisters they have found a safe haven too - and the poor mother cat.

alexgirl73
26-11-2008, 06:20 PM
I had to go and pick up a 6 week old tabby that OH's friend found walking down the main road yesterday. He was covered in fleas and had a very runny bottom, but thankfully he passed his blood tests and is doing well already. He had obviously been out a while as well, and it was such a bitter weekend! Glad you've got this little one safe and warm :)

kado
26-11-2008, 09:21 PM
He seems fine apart frpm the fleas. We had to bath him as he was absolutely grafted. I was the weather that was bothering me as well its getting so cold outside. It didnt bother when we bath him he just sat there. He has had some food and i just tried him on some whiskers milk which he lapped up after i dripped some on my arm. He has seen the other cats but he isnt fazed at all neither are the others they even watched while he had a bath.

dandysmom
26-11-2008, 11:38 PM
Poor wee thing; glad he's inside, warm and fed now. And will be checked out at the vets. That's how I got Misty; she had been wandering about the neighborhood; it was bitter cold so I took her in; put up signs, etc., but no one claimed her. She lived with me for almost 20 years.....

angieh
27-11-2008, 12:19 AM
That's how Smudge came to live with me - a bitter frosty January night. She lived with me for about 19 years and presented me with 3 lovely kittens.

They give us so much and ask for so very little in comparison.

kado
27-11-2008, 08:42 AM
He had a good night. I had too keep in a cat carrier as he his so tiny. He likes his food hasnt had used his litter tray but has been for both in his carrier. He cries when one of the other cat cries but if he sees chester he cries even more. His eyes where a bit sticky this morning at 430 so i cleaned them. They wasnt has bad as when we got kado though. Let you all know on how he gets on later on his own thread.

jane

Kazz
27-11-2008, 12:07 PM
Really pleased to hear he is doing well. No news on any owners though....sounds like he could be a stayer.