PDA

View Full Version : Miw a.k.a. Houdini

Tina
23-11-2008, 12:42 AM
What a scary experience, I thought we'd lost her!

Miw was out on her harness and long lead tied to the washing line out back to get her fresh air. She's been doing this for years and can be completely trusted to be out on her own with us checking on her every couple minutes, there are no roads or other cats or any animals around (except the occasional hedgehog and cows in the field behind us) so she's quite safe. There have been a few times when she has gone too far into the edge of the hedge and got her lead caught on a branch and managed to slip out of it........but she has always in the past come straight to the back door and knocked (yes, she knocks on the door LOL!) to let us know.

This evening, I went to make the 3 minute check on her, to find her GONE!!!!!!!!! :shock: And she hadn't come to let us know she got off the lead! We were terrified, we knew she couldn't have gotten far as it was only a few minutes since the last check.....but it was dark and cold out and we worried she may have gone "cow-chasing" in the field! We raced around outside the back of the house, calling and looking under hedges and OH looking around the edge of the field........yep, we panicked LOL!

And then I rounded the corner of the house to go towards the front garden, and who should be standing there at the front corner of the house, looking at me like I'd gone MAD, wondering what all the fuss was about! :o

She walked past me, calm as you please.........I swear she was rolling her eyes and shaking her head in disdain at our reaction.......and walked over to sit at the back door and wait for us to let her in. LOL! :roll:

So, for punishment for scaring us, I gave her a little telling off and told her she was clever and beautiful, and OH gave her hugs and kisses and cuddles and FISH! I somehow don't think she feels very punished and may not have learned the lesson we want her to have learned! :oops:

Just thought I'd share that......it's all quite funny now that the crisis is over LOL!

cats' staff
23-11-2008, 12:50 AM
That 'what' look is quite something isn't it? I am so glad she is back. We spent 3 very cold hours getting Cleo back tonight. She very occasionally goes out but it always seems to be when it is wet or cold so we get very uncomfortable perusading her back.....

Tina
23-11-2008, 12:56 AM
Yes, that "what?" look is hilarious LOL! She was only missing for all of 15 minutes, but as she's never been out of the garden on her own we were pretty scared! LOL!

Oh 3 hours in that cold!! Poor you! You're not far from me.......did you get the snow too then?????

Elvisisboss
23-11-2008, 02:15 AM
lol love the 'what' look! :D

it is awful when something happens, you cant help but panic can you?! glad she was safe and sound though!

bet she enjoyed her 'punishment' although hugs & fish... seems more likes treats! hehe!! :D

Tina
23-11-2008, 04:09 AM
lol love the 'what' look! :D

it is awful when something happens, you cant help but panic can you?! glad she was safe and sound though!

bet she enjoyed her 'punishment' although hugs & fish... seems more likes treats! hehe!! :D

I admit it EB, it wasn't really very good "punishment" LOL!! I blame it on OH though.....he spoils these cats something awful! I can never be angry with Miw though, she's had a tough time while Mousie has been sick.......we make sure Miw gets as much attention, but she knows Mousie gets "special treatment" sometimes, because of all the vet appointments and meds she takes. Then again, Miw knows she's my "Beauty" and always will be! :-D

Elvisisboss
23-11-2008, 05:02 AM
awwwwww!! lol!!! my oh wasnt a 'cat lover/slave' until we got our kitten so he spoilts him rotten! even if im being a mean mummy telling him off....he sneeks up to him with treats and playing!! im like 'ARGHH!'...but then the anger dissapears when they do something 2 seconds later that makes you smile! :D

actually what you say with one might be getting more attention, i feel like that with my 2, Tay was feeling left out so i spent the night playing and being with him & his turned around and been happier tonight!

JEEZ! all the hard work we put into these cats eh?! :D

Tina
23-11-2008, 05:00 PM
awwwwww!! lol!!! my oh wasnt a 'cat lover/slave' until we got our kitten so he spoilts him rotten! even if im being a mean mummy telling him off....he sneeks up to him with treats and playing!! im like 'ARGHH!'...but then the anger dissapears when they do something 2 seconds later that makes you smile! :D

actually what you say with one might be getting more attention, i feel like that with my 2, Tay was feeling left out so i spent the night playing and being with him & his turned around and been happier tonight!

JEEZ! all the hard work we put into these cats eh?! :D

Ah, but they're worth every minute of it! :-D

angieh
23-11-2008, 06:28 PM
So glad Miw is back safe indoors. Probably better to give her treats and fish and kisses - animals always respond better to those sort of things and she will remember that home is the best place to be! (Hopefully ......)