PDA

View Full Version : If YOU were a cat .............. ?

angieh
22-11-2008, 09:36 PM
Just a thought ........ (and I will say firstly I am totally against wearing real furs that belonged to any animal)

If people didn't have to rely on clothes to keep them warm and had lovely coats like cats - how would you design your own fur? Colour/markings/long or short hair - would you go for the tufted ears, the long graceful fluffy tail and whiskers ...... OR ...???

What fur covering would you choose for yourself? :-D :-D :-D

cats' staff
22-11-2008, 10:07 PM
Hmm, I'm torn between sleek and panther like or colourful and fluffy. I think I would like to be a McCavity Mystery cat so would be dark grey, smooth and short haired and able to blend in with the background. I would have VERY long whiskers and a fine, long tail.

dandysmom
22-11-2008, 10:07 PM
What an interesting thought! While I like the idea of the warmth of a longhaired coat. wouldn't want to have the bother of grooming it, so would definitely be a shorthair. Now color is a problem...hard to decide ; I admire basic black but think I'd go for the Aby coat...simple, tasteful easy to take care of; and of course the Aby tail with the rather sporting black "racing stripe" down it and the black tip. In other words, I'd be an Aby!

You, Angie?

angieh
22-11-2008, 11:56 PM
I'm torn between leopard-like spots or tiger-like stripes! I think the stripes are better for "blending in". I have a lovely print of a snow leopard on one wall of my hall and I do love that leopard's tail! I'd definitely go for tufted ears as I think they are cute. Colouring - well it's got to be tabby stripes with maybe a bit of ginger and some white socks and luxurious whiskers!

Tina
23-11-2008, 12:19 AM
I would definately be short-haired so I wouldn't have to groom so much. As for colour, I'd have to go the flambouyant and colourful route and have a super-soft black, orange, and a little bit of white coat.......just like Miw! And definately would need to have gorgeous, big white whiskers like hers to show up against the black fur. Yep, I'd have to go with a coat just like my Miw's! LOL!

dinahsmum
23-11-2008, 11:00 AM
Mmmmm, my first instinct is sleek and siamese with shaded markings - very sophisticated!
But then I thought hmm, that will show every less than perfect bulge, won't it? So maybe a 'mild' semi-longhair would be good. I think I'll stick with classic tux, with an inverted white V down between my eyes and over my nose, a white bib and 4 white feet with pink pads. And I'd like gentle white ear tufts (inside only) and HUUUGE curly whiskers. Only need add a discreet tail - not one of those foxy bushy jobs.

Fun post!

meep
23-11-2008, 12:12 PM
What a lovely idea! First off, I'd definately want the the softness of Minsky's coat; it's unbelievably soft, almost like a kittens.

I'd go short haired, but with a slightly poofier tail at the end and probably the same colouring as a seal-tipped ragdoll. I just think the tawny colour with the dark ears and muzzle are gorgeous. I know they're long-haired, but if I could have that marking with slightly shorter hair than a ragdoll, I'd be happy :) I do like buying nice clothes, so I'd definately choose a nice-looking coat over practicality ;) :roll:

PoshPuss
23-11-2008, 12:54 PM
I'd have to be a Persian, on condition that I'd have staff of course!!
I'd have the longest silkiest hair and a big bushy tail, I love to be a shell-pink red cameo she-puss, with copper orange eyes and natural black eyeliner conjunctiva.
I'd be AMAZING DARLING!! ... now clip my nails and feed me a grape! :lol: :lol: :-D

Great theme for a thread :D

Moli
23-11-2008, 02:31 PM
I would like to be a sleek Siamese, sit on a velvet cushion all day, being fed the best of food, and throughly spoilt!!!

Darky
23-11-2008, 02:36 PM
Ohohoh, I know my answer immediately.

Short, pure white fur and blue eyes. Plain, domestic cat in shape and build.

Tried to find a photo of what I mean, and -

http://fc01.deviantart.com/fs8/i/2005/324/5/a/White_Snow___White_Cat_III_by_ace_of_finland.jpg

angieh
23-11-2008, 02:43 PM
Stunning picture Darky!

pinklizzy
23-11-2008, 03:26 PM
I think I'd like to be a shorthaired cat, of the British variety ;) I'd love to have a dense. thick coat and big round eyes. As for colour, I'd like to be chocolate with green eyes. Such a great idea for a thread Angie!