PDA

View Full Version : Thursday's Thread

yola
20-11-2008, 10:35 AM
It's OH's birthday today so was up early preparing a birthday breakfast of quail's eggs, smoked salmon roulades, pate etc. As a result I'm stuffed full as I had to eat the boys' share :roll:

It's clear, cold and bright today . . . I have a monster headache and would rather be sleeping (another broken night due to little Sebi), but instead I have to price up copy and designs for a client's HTML emailing.

TTFN . . . :-D

dinahsmum
20-11-2008, 10:49 AM
Good morning Yola. Hope your headache goes quickly - could you grab 5 minutes outside to help it along? If not - lots of water might help.
It's another bright day, mild with little breeze. I think I'll take myself out with the dog soon - the afternoons don't seem to last long at this time of year.
We have the builders coming to install our 'veranda' tomorrow, so I must have a good tidy up outside, to show it off at its best. Pics of course .... ah, must get the batteries charged for my camera. Ok - done that, now, where was I
Don't think there's anything else. I have a 200 page document to proof read for my OH - oh joy! May not be around much - but I may need frequent breaks
Have a good day, everyone

PoshPuss
20-11-2008, 11:13 AM
Hello Yola, DM and all :D
I've a headache today too Yola, putting it down to the weather, it's just grey and heavy here today. Had a full day yesterday travelling to and from Bournemouth with my mum in one day. Still felt like I was on the road watchin telly last night!
Little Posh has been sick this morning. Probably the nasty antibiotics she's on. I'll be glad to get the dental op over with tomorrow.
College later this morning then do more work later on my essay.I'm having a busy week's leave from work! :roll:

meep
20-11-2008, 11:58 AM
Morning all!

Yola, that breakfast sounds delicious! :D Lucky OH. Hope the headache eases off, I've got a really bad one today too and I'm not sure why. A sure fire way to put me a grumpy mood, but trying my best to smile through it.

A normal day at work, but meeting up with a friend visiting from London today for dinner which will be nice :)

Can't wait for the weekend!

Kazz
20-11-2008, 12:40 PM
I have no heahache.....no builders....just two absolutely stark raving crazy kittens..........who have become the Steve McQueens of the kitten world they get out of everywhere......as I type one is on my head making a jump for the curtain........one is on the desk chasing the typing....on the screen.

Sal's has had her stitches out no problem at all all is well.

Off out shortly.

Oh update the one on my head Oliver is now on my lap attacking my watch strap.......oh update he's just fell off my lap.) ........update he's back.... and Marcus has fell off ......update not quite fell off he's hanging by one paw on my jeans.....which I have started to wear none stop since the leg climbing kittens arrived..... update they are both back up one on my lap one one one my shoulder making another jump for the curtain. If I can move I will be out soon...

Kazz
20-11-2008, 12:48 PM
Power to the human.....I have found a failsafe way of stopping them climbing feed em..............;) which has just been done so I will be out now. see you later

yola
20-11-2008, 01:02 PM
LOL Karen!!! Your narrative makes me want to get another kitten :D Sounds like fun and games in your household :-D

dinahsmum
20-11-2008, 01:14 PM
...oh no not quite off he's hanging by one paw on my jeans.....which I have started to wear none stop since the leg climbing kittens arrived.....
I remember that! :) I did exactly the same. My two had to go to kennels when they were still quite little - maybe 4 months. The kennel owner (of course) fell for them totally but was especially taken by Bentleys little trick of doing trapeze type swings from the hem of her skirt.

Kazz
20-11-2008, 01:58 PM
Ahhh the days of skirts and shorts......good job its winter otherwise I could look like a scored loin of leg.....ready for the oven.

Karen

Kazz
20-11-2008, 02:02 PM
LOL Karen!!! Your narrative makes me want to get another kitten :D Sounds like fun and games in your household :-D

Yola they are totaly totaly bomb proof...I dropped a big heavy box from the loft and and all they did was run to investigate. They also run to the door when Sal barks.....the electricity man was full of smiles when they greeted him at the front door "Aww kittens" then slightly more worried when the boys ran for backup and round the door came Sal................"Ohh Stafford"......although how she can look worrying with a kitten hanging off her ear is beyond me.....but then I love her....;)

dandysmom
20-11-2008, 05:41 PM
Hi all! Love the kitten stories, Kazz, you describe it so well! Some weak sunshine through the clouds here, but still way below normal: 4C now, wind chill 2! Had a lazy morning and slept in, paid bills and came on Catsey. Been thinking about the Thanksgiving menu and might switch from my usual chicken to a Cornish game hen with wild rice, mushroom and pine nut stuffing; have not had that in ages; be a change.

Hope all the headaches vanish and the poorly pusses feel better; enjoy the day.

Natalie
20-11-2008, 06:47 PM
Big hugs to all girlies who are feeling under the weather today and happy birthday greeting to Mr Yola. Breakfast sounds devine. My hubby is lucky to get a Pain au Chocolat thrown in the microwave to warm ;)

Boring day here. Weather is dull, cold and dismal. Off to do some ironing then I shall chill even more as its back to work tomorrow on an early shift. Still got signs of the wiggly woo but not contagious now i dont think :?