PDA

View Full Version : my 3 year old female cat shows me know interest

daveyjones
19-11-2008, 10:20 PM
my cat doesnt show me any attention she doesnt like me picking her up or simply stroking her she crys or runs away from me and the same with my flatmate, she just wants to be left alone is there something wrong with her or is there anything i can do to get her to be more friendly

Tink
19-11-2008, 10:50 PM
how long have you had her? since kittenhood or just recently?

Elaine
19-11-2008, 11:01 PM
How old is she? How long have you had her? Any other cats or pets in the house?

Elvisisboss
20-11-2008, 02:12 AM
same questions as above really, how long have you had her what type of house did she come from? was she handled from a kitten or taken away from mum and put in a cage and sold? (it happens sadly)

daveyjones
20-11-2008, 01:45 PM
ive had since she was a kitten, her mother didnt take much notice of her, so thats why i took her in. ive recently had a new kitten move in but she has always been unfriendly even before the cat moved in. when shes tired she lets me stroke her but she still looks uncomfortable towards me or my flat mate or anyone else who comes round

dinahsmum
20-11-2008, 02:16 PM
She sounds a very shy soul, and it sounds as though her unwillingness to interact with you means that you just aren't getting very cuddly together.
It's a fact that cats have different temperaments - some are real people-felines, all over everybody, bold as brass; some are much happier with their own company and can live happily without cuddles.

A Feliway (http://www.vetuk.co.uk/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=149_1) plug in sends out calm-calm-calm vibes, and may make her feel more comfortable in her skin. Skullcap and valerian (http://www.dorwest.com/prodinfo.asp?number=SV) can also help anxiety.

I think I would say try one or both of the above if you wish but don't try to push her too hard. If she seems content, maybe that's just her character; if she seems frightened or miserable then maybe the treatments are worth trying?

Will she take food from your hand? Treats like prawns or bits of ham? If so, maybe you could find quiet five minutes to tempt her, whilst gently saying her name, telling her she is a good girl and veeeeery veeeery gradually adding gentle strokes to the procedure. Don't rush it and don't expect miracles.

Good luck

daveyjones
20-11-2008, 11:55 PM
hi i got here at six month old she is an inbred her mum did not like her

daveyjones
20-11-2008, 11:57 PM
hi she is three and have flat mate and his cat taken bout month to get used to each other

daveyjones
20-11-2008, 11:59 PM
no she had good home she is an inbred her mum did not like her

daveyjones
22-11-2008, 01:25 AM
thankyou dinahsmum ill give them treatments ago and let you know wot happens. dave